Neo Geo VC Titles Confirmed! Plus Other News

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by Hadrian, Sep 1, 2007.

Sep 1, 2007
  1. Hadrian
    OP

Former Staff Hadrian Better than Craigslist

United Kingdom
    Nintendo and SNK Playmore have just announced the first three titles heading to the Virtual Console in Japan.

September 11th:

Fatal Fury
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Later on in September:

World Heroes
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Magicians Lord

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

All will cost 900 points, no news of the PAL/NTSC launch.

Also to be released in Japan is the awesome N64 Sin & Punishment, prey we get that soon!

In other news Japanese only titles "Mario Picross" SNES and "Super Mario Bros. 2" (Japanese version of course) are being released OUTSIDE of Japan via Virtual Console, no dates just yet but they have been submitted for age rating by the OFLC.

Also you might've heard in various places that Rare have talked about possibilities of seeing their titles on VC. On their official website they stated that seeing their games on the VC is "ultimately Nintendo's decision what gets released".

You want proof? http://www.vc-reviews.com and http://game.snkplaymore.co.jp/press_releas...ess.php?num=115

2. Jhongerkong

Member Jhongerkong GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    we need more startropics on the vc

3. nightwalker

Member nightwalker GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    no metal slug? [​IMG]

4. Harsky

Member Harsky Madmin

United Kingdom
    Considering the games already out for the Wii, I don't think they're going to bother releasing it on VC. But damn... Sin and Punishment on the Japanese Wii? I would so want to buy a Japanese Wii just for that.

5. ragde

Newcomer ragde Advanced Member

United States
    I want King of Fighters

6. iq_132

Member iq_132 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Looks like they're releasing smaller NeoGeo titles first ( < 10mb). Metal Slug is ~30.
    As for Tsumi to Batsu - Chikyuu no Keishousha (Sin and Punishment), I'll have to agree with that. It's a lovely game, well worth paying a few bucks to play it on the VC (as long as it is properly emulated, of course).

7. Hadrian
    OP

United Kingdom
    I think a compilation of thats coming to PS2/PSP is also coming to the Wii. Theres also a Age of Fighters compilation coming soon. Snk have said that we won't see KoF or Metal Slug on VC.

Magicians Lord is a cool game but cool as in worth 400/500 points and not 900. Once the space problem is sorted out I'd liked to see some of Neo Geo's shooters as well as more of the big hitters like Waku Waku 7, Neo Bomberman, Prehistoric Isle 1 & 2 & Nightmare in the Dark

8. SpaceJump

Member SpaceJump Where's my new 2D-Metroid?

Germany
    *Waiting for Alpha Mission 2* [​IMG]

Hope NeoGeo games come to Europe soon.

9. cheapassdave

Member cheapassdave GBAtemp Regular

United States
    oh heck yeah, cant wait for the badass fighter games they used to have: last blade, samurai showdown, king of fighters... [​IMG]

10. Icarus

Member Icarus fire walk with me

United States
    I think they're way too expensive. If you're gonna buy one of those games, you should have some people to play with you because they're all arcade games.

11. Hadrian
    OP

United Kingdom
    I agree, I reckon that SNK are asking for a bigger cut than SEGA and Hudson. Still Fatal Fury is a good fighter, its not as good as Fatal Fury Special which is on Live soon and will probably cost less AND has online. Its kinda unfair actually for Wii fans.

Luckily I have both consoles, so I can get one and not the other just like I won't get any of the Street Fighter games on Wii and wait for the HD one on 360.

12. jalaneme

Member jalaneme Female Gamer

United Kingdom
    *cough* emulators lol and i have a n64 for goldeneye so i don't care what rare do anymore, VC is way overpriced, that's why i will never buy from it.

13. VVoltz

Member VVoltz The Pirate Lord

Bolivia
    Is that the game Konami released on the N64 around the same time Metal Gear Solid on the PSX?
    If so, I heard it was great. I would love to play it a know about the story.

14. lagman

Former Staff lagman I wish I was green.

Mexico
    It's been a long time but.. aren't you limited to 3 fighters on Fatal Fury? and only 2 on World Heroes?

As hadrian said, Fatal Fury Special it's a much better game and I remember myself having a great time with World Heroes 2. Let's wait for those games and of course KoF.

15. Hadrian
    OP

United Kingdom
    No I don't think it was Konami, I think Nintendo published it themselves. Treasure made the game and it came out in 2000. Never appeared outside of Japan (though it appeared on iQue in China). Theres a chance that it could appear on VC as the voice acting is strangely in English and Nintendo are gonna start releasing some Japan only titles elsewhere.

I do wish Nintendo would put out some additional content on their games so that its worth buying their games instead of playing them on emulators.

16. Hitto

Member Hitto MKDS Tournament Winner

France
    You forgot to add, enjoying Better Framerates, Better Resolutions / Graphics / Textures, Online Play, fully customizable controls, cheats, frameskip, rewind, save states...

I'm not gonna make a list, but by paying for these inferior roms, you're basically telling nintendo "go on, release the same shit you did twenty years ago and don't improve it one bit! I'll give you my money anyway!"
    Same goes for 95% of XBLA, but at least, microsoft tries to encourage HD and online versions of the old games, which is something we have been enjoying with texture replacers, rom hacks and netplay emus for only ten years, now.

17. VVoltz

Member VVoltz The Pirate Lord

Bolivia
    You are right. I thought it was this one.

18. jalaneme

Member jalaneme Female Gamer

United Kingdom
    exactly, why do people buy from the VC anyway? as soon as a n64 emulator is perfected on the Wii it's all over anyway lol for now i'm just gonna buy some more n64 games from ebay to keep me busy till then.

19. Sick Wario

Member Sick Wario Club Nintendo

United Arab Emirates
    back to NEO GEO

what could the points price be for neo geo roms?

i might pay as high as 800 for good neo geo games. sam sho baby

20. Arm73

Member Arm73 GBAtemp Addict

Italy
    Well I use MAME for neo geo games, and my PC is connected to the same HDTV that I use for my Wii with an HDMI cable for a beautiful 1080p image.
    I also have an X-Arcade joystick which I modded with original Happ parts.
    Would I really want to buy those games on VC ?
    Not even for free if you ask me.
    But I'm really thrilled about those xbox live HD remakes of games such as Street Fighter II.
    Now that is something worth paying for, updated graphics or online support.
    As it stands, VC is a huge let down for me, and coming from an hardcore Nintendo fan such as myself it means a lot...