Gaming Neo Geo Coming To Virtual Console!

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now for me this is good news! No specific details but the Nintendo.jp says a Neo Geo Channel is coming in the Summer after the MSX Channel in Spring.

Be prepared for some great Arcade love.

Elrinth

:Master beyond your imagination:
Trophies
Website
www.elrinth.com
XP
Country
What!? Where did you find this? This might just be a real system seller for me.

i'm guessing nintendo.jp since he wrote that
smile.gif

I didn't know there was going to be a MSX channel (Snatcher, MG1?).. and now the even hotter Neo Geo is coming? Saaaweeet.

Sentient

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
i'm guessing nintendo.jp since he wrote that
smile.gif

I didn't know there was going to be a MSX channel.. and now the even hotter Neo Geo is coming? Saaaweeet.

Oh snap, missed that part. Anyway GoNintendo ammong others have the story aswell.
Looks like I have to be getting my hands on a Wii this summer then.

Hadrian

OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What!? Where did you find this? This might just be a real system seller for me.
Its reported in many places and also like I said the JP Nintendo site.

This is a big plus for me unlike Nes, Snes, N64 and other VC titles, Neo Geo games still cost A LOT to buy second hand, I just hope SNK don't charge 100,000 point for them
tongue.gif

*We need proper arcade pads*

Sentient

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
This is a big plus for me unlike Nes, Snes, N64 and other VC titles, Neo Geo games still cost A LOT to buy second hand, I just hope SNK don't charge 100,000 point for them
tongue.gif

I sincerely hope SNK and Nintendo do the right thing and bring on some good old shmups the the VC. What we need now is for Sega to allow the Saturn to become a VC system. If that happens I'll swear allegiance Nintendo.

Hopefully som third party hardware manufacturer will jump on the idea and bring a proper arcade pad to the Wii. I'd even go so far as to say that whoever does this will be sitting on a veritable gold mine once Neo Geo games get released.

Gaisuto

Lose 2 Levels.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I doubt NA/Europe will get the MSX channel at all...but I hope we atleast get the NeoGeo one, there'd be no reason not to. What is that system known for anyway, besides Metal Slug and all the SNK Fighters?

Hadrian

OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I doubt NA/Europe will get the MSX channel at all...but I hope we atleast get the NeoGeo one, there'd be no reason not to. What is that system known for anyway, besides Metal Slug and all the SNK Fighters?
As well as Metal Slug and SNK/Capcom fighters there's some of the best shooters ever like Prehistoric Isle 2, Pulsar, Shock Troopers and loads more plus some are still being made.

Nightmare in the Dark is kinda like Bubble Bobble meets Snow Bros, Top Hunter - Roddy & Cathy is the kinda nearest to Mario you'll get.

Some great none generic sport games like Soccer Brawl, Super Baseball 2020, Windjammers and Thrash Rally.

On the fighter front I'd love to see Waku Waku 7 you don't really get a fighter like it, its hard to find but you don't get the usual generic fighters you get midgets in tanks and massive weird fighters.

Also some great puzzlers, Neo Bomberman is amazing, Magic Drop 3, Neo Mr Do, Irritating Maze and many others.

Basically it'll fill in any arcade lovers void on the Wii, and unlike the other consoles you'd wouldn't have played all of these hundred times. I suggest some people should grab R.A.G.E emulator and have a go at some of these gems.

Arm73

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
tongue.gif

I sincerely hope SNK and Nintendo do the right thing and bring on some good old shmups the the VC. What we need now is for Sega to allow the Saturn to become a VC system. If that happens I'll swear allegiance Nintendo.

Hopefully som third party hardware manufacturer will jump on the idea and bring a proper arcade pad to the Wii. I'd even go so far as to say that whoever does this will be sitting on a veritable gold mine once Neo Geo games get released.

Actually there is already a great arcade controller that works with the Wii....
I use this one.
dual.gif

It works with many systems, included the GC, and since most VC games work with a GC controller shouldn't be a problem.
I've been using this thing for 4 years and it's virtually indestructible, and really arcade games should be experienced that way.
Any fighting games of shooter becomes much more involving, kind of playing Zelda TP with the Wii remote !

Hadrian

OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mmm well I know that there are proper arcade controllers for the GC for some reason not all VC games work with GC controllers, but I hope the Neo Geo VC ones do, a wireless one would rock however.

legendofphil

Phil no Densetsu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
MSX compatibility has been known about since september.
Recently Nintendo said there was a chance of games that never came out in specific regions being released (ie, Super Mario RPG in Europe), so these systems should appear outside of Japan.

Looking at the japanese virtual console page (here), it shows one blank VC logo, which would suggest atleast one more system will be added shortly, maybe during the GDC (why did I have to turn down my chance to go
cry.gif
).

Hadrian

OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought MSX was already added at the launch in Japan!

There's been rumblings that Master System games will be added, I can see Sega doing that, was hoping for Saturn games but they'll be a bit big for the Wii's memory, even with SD cards. Other consoles/computers? C64, Arcade, Spectrum, Amiga...CDi ;P

bloederaffe

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
yeah! my secret dreams comes true, neogeo on VC!
hope it doesnt take too long to launch in europe. i want some samurai shodown action right out of my wii.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnRVIC7kS4s