Hacking neek2o WBFS loading not working

Resident Stevil

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a few games in my games folder on my USB drive and one game in my WBFS folder. If I try to load the WBFS game, neek2o just chokes and I'm unable to do anything further. I can't load the DI menu. I have the correct structure as stated in this thread. I'm loading my games through Wii Backup Manager. Is there any way to fix this at the moment?

xfcrowman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a few games in my games folder on my USB drive and one game in my WBFS drive. If I try to load the WBFS game, neek2o just chokes and I'm unable to do anything further. I can't load the DI menu. I have the correct structure as stated in this thread. I'm loading my games through Wii Backup Manager. Is there any way to fix this at the moment?

neek2o can only detect games if they are on a fat32 partition. They need to be in the usb:/wbfs folder, or they need to be in DiscEx format and located in the usb:/games folder.

If you have a wbfs partition, neek2o can't read any games off it. To play those games you need to transfer those games to the fat32 partition, either in DiscEx format or .wbfs format.

Resident Stevil

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The drive only has one partition and it is in fat32 with the right cluster settings. The folder is on that partition and the structure for the folder is correct. And the game is being detected in the DI menu. If I attempt to load that game, the disc channel won't change, I can't open the DI menu again, and the Wii menu becomes unresponsive. If I attempt to do anything else (i.e. load a channel, hit wii menu under the home screen, etc), the screen will turn black and then do nothing afterwards. I've also dumped the same game that is in my WBFS folder through DiscEx and placed it in the games folder and it loads just fine.

shortz1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a few games in my games folder on my USB drive and one game in my WBFS drive. If I try to load the WBFS game, neek2o just chokes and I'm unable to do anything further. I can't load the DI menu. I have the correct structure as stated in this thread. I'm loading my games through Wii Backup Manager. Is there any way to fix this at the moment?
neek2o only works with fat32 hard drives. not wbfs drives. an not sure what other place your trying to read from. ( games folder should be named wbfs, with games in that.)
it will not read iso games either. only wbfs games.( but as above not wbfs drives.)

Resident Stevil

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
neek2o only works with fat32 hard drives. not wbfs drives. an not sure what other place your trying to read from. ( games folder should be named wbfs, with games in that.)
it will not read iso games either. only wbfs games.( but as above not wbfs drives.)

I'm curious as to why you guys think I have no idea what I'm doing.

shortz1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I'm curious as to why you guys think I have no idea what I'm doing.
it's not that at all. your saying you have a few games in a "games folder". fine as long as they are disex neek2o will read them. an as long as that folder is on a fat32 hd.
then you say you have a wbfs partition. well neek2o will not read that partition. it only reads disex, an wbfs file extension for games.. the folder has to be named wbfs or games.
games=disex
wbfs folder=wbfs file extension.
both have to be on the fat32 side of the hd.
i have been using neek2o since day one. so in a way i know what i'm talking about when it comes to setting it up. an if i don't obcd will know, an help.
but as it is an how you wrote you question. is how i'm answering you. an i'm not saying/implying that you don't know what your doing.
BUT if you do want to go there, your asking the question, two people have given you the same answer to said question.
you didn't read the whole thread, or skipped over a few post, an didn't see what files are read, an how to properly set that file system up.
neek2o only reads fat32, will only read disc ex or wbfs file extension, not ntfs/wbfs drives. so in a way you don't know what your doing. go back an read the post.

Resident Stevil

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Look, I don't mean to come off as hostile, but ever since I've installed neek2o, I've been having one problem after another and I'm continuing to have more problems develop without any explanation as to how or why they are happening.

This is what the drive looks like currently.

YDtas.jpg

I've circled the games folder where the extracted games are put, and the WBFS folder where the WBFS games are placed inside.

FCtEb.jpg

This is what my WBFS folder looks like.

AIGun.jpg

This is what the game inside the WBFS folder looks like.

anbqA.jpg

This is the partition settings for my USB drive.

azyqN.jpg

This is the partition settings for my USB drive.

jlMJr.jpg

This is the file system for my USB drive.

There are no other partitions on my USB drive whatsoever.

shortz1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
try an do 32k. that could be your problem. i know some times neek2o has a problem reading different size clusters. an fat32/32k seems to work best.
the 63/64 could be the whole problem. neek2o is real stubborn when reading different sizes, some time it works for people an some times it doesn't.
the easiest way to get it going is if you have a second drive to transfer every thing then redo the format to fat32/32k. or if you have a pen drive. set that up with one game to see if problems are still present.

obcd

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I would remove that disc.info info file and the txt file. Also remove the sneek/diconfig.bin so that it gets rebuild
When you convert the game from iso 2 wbfs, only keep the game partition.

Does it run on real nand with an usbloader?

Resident Stevil

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would remove that disc.info info file and the txt file. Also remove the sneek/diconfig.bin so that it gets rebuild
When you convert the game from iso 2 wbfs, only keep the game partition.

Does it run on real nand with an usbloader?

Yes. Through USB Loader GX.
EDIT: No good.

obcd

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I also notice you have your nand folders in the root of your harddisk, while most people have a nands/pl_us/xxx setup. Having the nand folders on the root should normally work, but maybe it wasn't tested anymore with the latest uneek2o revisions. They check the region of the game and compare it to the region of the nand. Maybe something goes wrong there with the nand on the root of your drive. It's just a wild guess.

Resident Stevil

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I also notice you have your nand folders in the root of your harddisk, while most people have a nands/pl_us/xxx setup. Having the nand folders on the root should normally work, but maybe it wasn't tested anymore with the latest uneek2o revisions. They check the region of the game and compare it to the region of the nand. Maybe something goes wrong there with the nand on the root of your drive. It's just a wild guess.

What is "xxx" supposed to represent?

Resident Stevil

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
in this case xxx is a wildcard i.e. *

so in the case of "nands/pl_us/xxx", "xxx" represents all the subfolders\files of a nand (i.e. meta, shared1, shared2, title, ticket, etc.)

I put the folders into the "nands" folder as suggested. The drive was already FAT32 with 32kb clusters before, but I reformatted and created a fresh nand just to be on the safe side.

The issue still persists.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
the nand folders should not go in the "nands" folder, they should go in a "nands\ANY NEW FOLDER\" folder

anyways, you probably have it set up correctly seeing as you're able to load the nand alright

have u tried deleting the config files? If you go into the "sneek" folder, you can try deleting the diconfig.bin and I believe there are a couple other cache files stored there you can delete. Then when you boot into your emunand again those files will be built from scratch, and hopefully correct whatever issue you're having

Resident Stevil

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the nand folders should not go in the "nands" folder, they should go in a "nands\ANY NEW FOLDER\" folder

anyways, you probably have it set up correctly seeing as you're able to load the nand alright

have u tried deleting the config files? If you go into the "sneek" folder, you can try deleting the diconfig.bin and I believe there are a couple other cache files stored there you can delete. Then when you boot into your emunand again those files will be built from scratch, and hopefully correct whatever issue you're having

That should've been covered under the format but prior to formatting, yes I did try that and still had the same problem.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.