Hacking neek2o WBFS loading not working

obcd

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I would suggest to try another game in wbfs format first. If that one works, it's either something with the game files or some bug that causes problems with that game. I doubt the second, as it would have been reported before.

Resident Stevil

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
have u tried loading wbfs file\games from a loader instead of the di menu? like postloader or joyflow?
Postloader crashes if I try to load anything and Joyflow also has the same issue that neek2o has.

I would suggest to try another game in wbfs format first. If that one works, it's either something with the game files or some bug that causes problems with that game. I doubt the second, as it would have been reported before.

Did that, no change.

OverjoY

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I just want to clear this up, there are other people who are able to load WBFS games through neek2o right?

Yes, everyone but you are able to launch games in wbfs format. I would suggest you to try some other games and to try some other layouts for the paths to those games fe: /wbfs/Game Name [GAMEID]/GAMEID.wbfs or place a game straight into the wbfs folder fe: /wbfs/GAMEID.wbfs

wbfs files created by WBM should play fine with uneek2o. It shouldn't matter what partitions you keep or how you split those games.

Reactions: 1 person

Resident Stevil

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just want to clear this up, there are other people who are able to load WBFS games through neek2o right?

Yes, everyone but you are able to launch games in wbfs format. I would suggest you to try some other games and to try some other layouts for the paths to those games fe: /wbfs/Game Name [GAMEID]/GAMEID.wbfs or place a game straight into the wbfs folder fe: /wbfs/GAMEID.wbfs

wbfs files created by WBM should play fine with uneek2o. It shouldn't matter what partitions you keep or how you split those games.

I've tried all the layouts possible. The first version (with the Game name and ID) causes the game to be undetectable by neek. The other two make it detectable but won't run.

obcd

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
What version of uneek2o are you using?

How did you create your emulated nand? What options did you add? What region is it?

So, if you select the game in the di overlay menu, does it show the banner annimation in the disc channel?

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
This is the partition settings for my USB drive.

jlMJr.jpg
azyqN.jpg
That does not tell anything about the clustersize, please do a chkdsk in a dosbox, that will tell you the clustersize, if it's 64KB, which windows allways uses with large disk as default, than that's probably your issue.

shortz1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
my next step would to be rebuild the whole thing.(sneek folder, nand.) an retry the set up. if while building my nand. i would turn off my anti virus while mod mii is working.( would try this nand an not a dumped nand.). this way showmii wads will not throw a fit. then to make sure it's a neek2o nand after first boot. an the nand shows. i would remove the sd card to make sure every thing boots the proper way. after all these steps. i would go to google code page, an grab on of those neek2o channels to use to boot.
but this is me, everyone has his/her own way of doing things.

obcd

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
If the cluster size would be wrong, he wouldn't even make it 2 the system menu with a uneek2o + di setup.
uneek2o accesses the drive for the emulated nand folders. di uses the same code to load the game code...

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Sure it does: Sectors per Cluster: 64 (32768 bytes) = 32KB clusters.
Mmm, didn't knew it was that symple...lol
If the cluster size would be wrong, he wouldn't even make it 2 the system menu with a uneek2o + di setup.
uneek2o accesses the drive for the emulated nand folders. di uses the same code to load the game code...
Yeah, after i wrote that i realized it too..

Resident Stevil

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What version of uneek2o are you using?

How did you create your emulated nand? What options did you add? What region is it?

So, if you select the game in the di overlay menu, does it show the banner annimation in the disc channel?

The latest which is rev80.

I used Modmii to create the nand (before I used BootMii to do a NAND backup and extracted from that but I thought the issue was with that backup and decided to create a new one). Region is USA. Version is 4.3. (The Bootmii backup was 4.2) Installed cIOS249 rev14. No Prilloader or NMM or Postloader channel. Installed Joyflow. Serial number is copied from my Bootmii backup nand. Darkwii Green Theme fast spin. Installed all the official Nintendo channels except for Wiispeak.

If I select the WBFS game in the DI menu, the banner animation does not change.

my next step would to be rebuild the whole thing.(sneek folder, nand.) an retry the set up. if while building my nand. i would turn off my anti virus while mod mii is working.( would try this nand an not a dumped nand.). this way showmii wads will not throw a fit. then to make sure it's a neek2o nand after first boot. an the nand shows. i would remove the sd card to make sure every thing boots the proper way. after all these steps. i would go to google code page, an grab on of those neek2o channels to use to boot.
but this is me, everyone has his/her own way of doing things.

No change.

Resident Stevil

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know if this will help, but I'm going to post a syscheck just to cover my bases.

Code:
sysCheck v2.1.0b13 by Double_A and R2-D2199	
...runs on IOS58 (rev 6175).	

Region: NTSC-U		
System Menu 4.2U (v481)	  
Priilaoder installed		
Homebrew Channel 1.0.0 running on IOS58	
Hollywood v0x11		
Console ID: 113747641	  
Boot2 v4		
Found 290 titles.	  
Found 44 IOS on this console. 10 of them are stub.

IOS4 (rev 65280): Stub	  
IOS9 (rev 778): Stub	  
IOS10 (rev 768): Stub	  
IOS11 (rev 256): Stub	  
IOS12 (rev 269): No Patches	
IOS13 (rev 273): No Patches	
IOS14 (rev 520): No Patches	
IOS15 (rev 523): No Patches	
IOS16 (rev 512): Stub	  
IOS17 (rev 775): No Patches	
IOS20 (rev 256): Stub	  
IOS21 (rev 782): No Patches	
IOS22 (rev 1037): No Patches	
IOS28 (rev 1550): No Patches	
IOS30 (rev 2816): Stub	  
IOS31 (rev 3349): No Patches	
IOS33 (rev 3091): No Patches	
IOS34 (rev 3348): No Patches	
IOS35 (rev 3349): No Patches	
IOS36 (rev 3608): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, NAND Access
IOS37 (rev 3869): No Patches	
IOS38 (rev 3867): No Patches	
IOS50 (rev 5120): Stub	  
IOS51 (rev 4864): Stub	  
IOS53 (rev 5406): No Patches	
IOS55 (rev 5663): No Patches	
IOS56 (rev 5662): No Patches	
IOS57 (rev 5661): No Patches	
IOS58 (rev 6175): USB 2	
IOS60 (rev 6400): Stub	  
IOS61 (rev 5405): No Patches	
IOS70 (rev 6687): Trucha Bug	
IOS202[38] (rev 65535, Info: hermes-v5.1): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, NAND Access,
IOS222[38] (rev 4, Info: hermes-v4.0): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, NAND Access,
IOS223[38] (rev 4, Info: hermes-v4.0): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, NAND Access,
IOS236 (rev 1): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, NAND Access
IOS245[37] (rev 21009, Info: d2x-v9beta(r49)): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2
IOS246[38] (rev 21009, Info: d2x-v9beta(r49)): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, NAND Access
IOS247[53] (rev 21009, Info: d2x-v9beta(r49)): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2
IOS248[55] (rev 21009, Info: d2x-v9beta(r49)): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2
IOS249[56] (rev 21009, Info: d2x-v9beta(r49)): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2
IOS250[57] (rev 21009, Info: d2x-v9beta(r49)): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2
IOS251[58] (rev 21009, Info: d2x-v9beta(r49)): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2
IOS254 (rev 65281): BootMii	  
BC v6		
MIOS v10		

Report generated on 2012/05/22.

Resident Stevil

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Does this mean that it loads a game @ neek launch in discchannel and is that a game in wbfs format?

The game is in WBFS format. If I have a game that is in the normal extracted SNEEK format, it will load in the disc channel upon startup. If a WBFS game is loaded in there upon startup, neek2o stops loading after the health screen, and I have to go into the HD and either rename or remove the WBFS folder and delete diconfig and nandconfig in order to get back into neek2o and mount one of the extracted games through the DI menu.

obcd

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
So, selecting a game from the games folder works fine?
selecting a game from the wbfs folder (any game) results in an irresponsive system menu?

Changing the nand or another rev. of uneek2o+di doesn't help.

shortz1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Does this mean that it loads a game @ neek launch in discchannel and is that a game in wbfs format?

The game is in WBFS format. If I have a game that is in the normal extracted SNEEK format, it will load in the disc channel upon startup. If a WBFS game is loaded in there upon startup, neek2o stops loading after the health screen, and I have to go into the HD and either rename or remove the WBFS folder and delete diconfig and nandconfig in order to get back into neek2o and mount one of the extracted games through the DI menu.
now you make it sound as if you are not running neek2o. but you running regular uneek.. how re you launching the nand? ( switch 2 uneek channel? also has text screen to select what nand is to be loaded.)). if this is the case, then your running uneek+di.. an need to go to the google page or go to option screen in mod mii n change it to build neek2o.
cause that channel will not launch neek2o, unless you replace the dol.

Resident Stevil

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

now you make it sound as if you are not running neek2o. but you running regular uneek.. how re you launching the nand? ( switch 2 uneek channel? also has text screen to select what nand is to be loaded.)). if this is the case, then your running uneek+di.. an need to go to the google page or go to option screen in mod mii n change it to build neek2o.
cause that channel will not launch neek2o, unless you replace the dol.

I downloaded neek2o from the google code page. I usually launch it through priiloader through the BootMii option.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)