Homebrew NEEK2O/SNEEK/UNEEK HDD Compatibility List

Has this thead had any influence what-so-ever?

• Yes

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • No

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Other; I'm just browsing to see what it actually is LoL

Votes: 3 42.9%

• Total voters

kylster

mich weich töten
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@scooby74029 Yes all the info provided does help & I will do my best to update the on the first page
smile.gif
I usually check back on this page multiple times a day. Also which My Passport is that? I know of My Passport Elite & My Passport Essentials. Thanks in advance

If you look I recently added a spot for NON-working devices (I just cant get it to work @all!) & I added a 4GB Sandisk SDHC card which runs both sneek & bootmii@boot2 because even though bootmii@boot2 may sound irrelevant to the compatibility of sneek/uneek the fact not many SDHC cards working with bootmii@boot2 does help if your looking for space and still want to boot sneek/uneek; it becomes an added benefit.

Q1:Even though I update the 1st post is it necessary to always say what I've added and make a new post or will shunned upon? I want others to see the list and know their options but I dont want to seem like I'm mindlessly posting at the same time.

Q2:Also would you guys prefer to see things in order from size or alphabetical order

kylster

mich weich töten
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Hielkenator which one of these WD Elements drive is it? WD 500 GB OLDER DRIVES I just want to properly post it. Thanks for your time.

Do revs for sneek/uneek change compatibility with different drives? Just need to know if it's relevant to add the revision which it did not work for. If it does then I'll need to know the revs it's confirmed working with on the others drives and cards I've listed. Thank you for your contributions if this list has helped you give your thanks.

iwanpompier

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Which SanDisk 8 GB SDHC works?
There are like 8 different versions of the 8GB:

Sandisk Extreme HD Video SDHC 8GB Class 6
Sandisk Extreme III SDHC 8GB Extreme Class 10
Sandisk Extreme Pro SDHC 8GB UHS Class 1
Sandisk Gaming Nintendo DSi SDHC 8GB Class 2
Sandisk Netbook SDHC 8GB Class 2
Sandisk SDHC 8GB Class 2
Sandisk Ultra II SDHC 8GB Class 4
Sandisk Video HD SDHC 8GB Class 4

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
all forms of s/uneek work for me using a 2GB sandisk SD Card and a 1.5TB & 1.0TB Seagate GoFlex portable hard drives (w/ USB2.0 cable)

Other hard drives my friends use that also work:
-500GB WD My Passport Essential
-1TB WD My Passport Essential SE
-750GB WD Elements SE

kylster

mich weich töten
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@iwanpompier SanDisk 8 GB Class 2 should work, as the other SanDisk Class 2 work just fine from my experience.

I updated my list and also linked most devices to newegg.com (awesome web site for ordering electronics) There were some which I could not find, maybe mis info? Though I believe I did add each device correctly labeled to the list. If anyone experiences a error with links
smile.gif
let me know and I will fix ASAP.

So thanks XFlax for contributing 5 items and verifying 1 item already on the list
tongue.gif
This will all be noted, but if anyone would like me to add any new data to the list like seriels or SKU for quicker lookup I will do so.

If this guide is helpful to someone please say thanks or spread the word
smile.gif

Jehuty25

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My seagate Freeagent Desk 1TB seems to not work. All I get are single flashes from the disc slot every 2 seconds when I try to start Uneek+DI.

kylster

mich weich töten
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
My seagate Freeagent Desk 1TB seems to not work. All I get are single flashes from the disc slot every 2 seconds when I try to start Uneek+DI.
Is it a "Seagate Desk GoFlex USB2.0/3.0" like I have the one in the list linked to? This particular ext.hdd I got working for a friend cause MightyChannel seemed not to work and this yielded better results. His wii was did not have bootmii@ios but only @IOS and not sure if it matters but since I saved all serials of every Wii i've worked on it's a LU749.

What I would suggest is either using ModMii to create your sneek/uneek with or w/o di depending on your needs (know i've only tested it with uneek+di) & see if that works if not you can grab scoobys SneekyInstaller and let it do the same thing
smile.gif
also what rev of sneek/uneek did you use cause i've only tested rev150/153 both seem to work fine
smile.gif
Let me know your progress.

Jehuty25

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to look for a way to use sneek+di without having to reformat my hard drive because I don't wanna have to lose 400GB+ worth of data only to find out my HDD isn't compatible.

kylster

mich weich töten
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You dont have to reformat your hdd. You can use this program ""Easus Partition Manager" to convert or change what ever you need to on your current HDD also is your cluster size 32kb? it will still work @16kb cluster size but those are the only 2 I know of.

Jehuty25

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, made sure to put the cluster size to 32k when I formatted the parition in easeus. No idea why all usb loaders and HBC can read the fat32 partition on my drive, but s/uneek+di can't. Apparently, there isn't a way to convert ntfs partitions to fat32 without formatting.

But I think I'm just going to give up on this, it's frustrating me to no end and I have bootmii/boot2 anyway so I'll do a restore if I mess anything up in the future and use the alt.dol method for problematic games.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Jehuty25 said:
Apparently, there isn't a way to convert ntfs partitions to fat32 without formatting.
Erm...no. Indeed. Considering how a partition table is more or less a set of guidelines as to how store data on a disk, there is certainly no way to convert NTFS to any other partition without formatting (in fact, if there were such a program, I wouldn't even trust it to convert an old-fashioned floppy disk).

(note: it's not because operating systems make copy-paste jobs look very easy that it isn't a complex operation.)

And I understand the reasoning. Moving all my stuff off and then on the disk again took me much more time than the actual reformatting. And it was also because I just went with the default settings back when I created the partition the first time. (yes, it HAS to have 32kb (or lower) cluster size to work).

anickname

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kingston 8GB SDHC working SNEEK / SNEEK + DI
Gembird IDE / SATA to USB 2.0 bridge + Seagate Barracuda 80 GB 3.5" SATA working UNEEK / UNEEK + DI

LaCie RIKIKI 500GB 2.5" USB 2.0 not working UNEEK / UNEEK + DI

PolloDiablo

Madre de Dios! Es El POLLO DIABLO!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi... I reported the WD MyBook Essential 1TB WDBAAF0010HBK working...
Well... guess what... it doesnt work. The auto-spindown feature of this drive causes freezes during gameplay.
I cant disable this "feature" of the drive. If someone know how to do it... please tell me!

EDIT: I think that I managed to disable the Idle feature of this drive. I will do some testing and report if everything works okay.

zizer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
NahuelDS said:
Hi... I reported the WD MyBook Essential 1TB WDBAAF0010HBK working...
Well... guess what... it doesnt work. The auto-spindown feature of this drive causes freezes during gameplay.

i have the same problem with HITACHI 2 TB XL Desk

kylster , can you edit first post? , sorry

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also gonna install twilight menu in my r4 flashcard
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    One thing that just occurred to me.... The sound on the 2600 sucked less back then the harsh sound we hear now is from infinitely better speakers we have now, back when the 2600 was new speakers produced a almost muffled sound, like CRTs made old graphics look slightly better.
    I wonder if I could recommend that to some emulation devs that perhaps the sound could use some smoothing out to simulate those old TVs
    I think a few of the early systems could benefit from that, at least up to the 8 bit generation, by the 16 bit generation I think TVs had gotten a lot better in almost every way
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont have an sd card adapter but I have an usb sd card adapter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Old people games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its not the one that comes with the r4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    doesnt work (my flashcard is from r4isdhc.com)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    might install ysmenu first
    Try Wood firmware
    For your R4
    It's old but it's the best firmware out for DS stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    it says it only works for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) and Acekard R.P.G.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm it does support mine
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but why choose it over ysmenu @Psionic Roshambo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc im stupid?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yea ik im stupid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Just give it a try, but honestly if you have a 3DS you can play DS games without a card just off the internal SD card
    Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you try wearing them?
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/eJV6GaIEgd4?si=ciLPnlhfd7XcrxQn