npy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi all,

First post here. I guess it will not be the last: I have just bought a GB micro on a famous auction web site.
Now I need something to feed it.

I have decided to buy an EZ4 mini SD : what do you guys think of the reliability/efficiency/coolness of this device for the GB micro.

OK, please do not get me wrong, I have read LOT of reviews / topics and I just want to make sure I have made the good choice.

In short :

- is everything fine in terms of compatibility ? (particularly, I'd like to be able to run Bullet GBA)
wub.gif

- does it fit nicely (does it stick out) ? [edit OK I stumbled onto the topic with some pics]
- I did not understand if I could use the SD card to its maximum capacity
- Any issue I should know of...

Finally I have found this website :
Gameyeah
which is selling EZ4 at a very decent price.

Now, do you have any feedback about this website ? Are there any reliable alternatives ?

I'd appreciate any kind of info you would like to share.

Thanks in advance.

dexmix

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gameyeah is where i've been getting all my EZ4 miniSDs. I love the card. very easy to manage, awesome compatibility. i use them in micros exclusively, it fits perfectly, and i've started using the EZ4, more than EZ3 just because the EZ4 is much more convenient to manage.

caveats: this cart in particular seems to introduce a good amount of noise into the sound system. no ones ever mentioned that. it's much slower load/save times than EZ3, but the fact that its miniSD makes up for it.

also - you can only have 80 or so games in one folder, or the gui has an issue displaying all the games.

dexmix

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

wrong forum, and wrong flash cart. this is GBA, and he wants to use an EZ4 miniSD, not EZ4 lite (totally different carts with slightly different internals). also he wants to use this with a GBM, so NDS games are irrelevant.

edit: don't forget to pick up the latest REBOOT loader firmware from the sosuke forums, for maximum compatibility.

don't hesitate to ask any more questions once you get the cart. i'm a self proclaimed expert on EZ4 miniSD and EZ3.

p.s. if you like bullet GBA maybe you'll like Iridion II. i _love_ this game. I have a cracked version of it that works on EZ4 miniSD, so pm me if you need to get ahold of one. i can get you an IPS, that lets it work.

npy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thank you all for the prompt replies.

I did not expect so much feedback !

quote :

dexmix "p.s. if you like bullet GBA maybe you'll like Iridion II..."

Hey, I spotted this one there so yes, I am really interested in it =)
I will PM you when the time comes.

dexmix "Gameyeah is where i've been getting all my EZ4 miniSDs"

OK, this is reassuring, because I noticed that Google reports this site as uncool.
I do not know why though.

pikirika "There are more with this problem and to tell the truth, it pisses me off."

Mhh OK, this goes into my book. Thanks

dexmix

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
-Dragon quest (slime morimori)
-Aleck bordon
-Tower SP
There are more with this problem and to tell the truth, it pisses me off.

thanks for letting me know. I'll have to try out those games now.

if you can link any related threads i would appreciate it.

also are you using the latest EZ4 Client, and RESET loader?

pikirika

Trophies
XP
Country
My client "name": ez4clientC6 MFC Application
I'm not sure if it's the latest but those games are old. I´m not using the reset loader.
I'm a lazy fuck, my EZ4 is in chinese but it doesn't bother me since I can play my games.
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=72241
The weird thing is, for example, when I played the Dragon quest it saved fine. Finished and grabed all the slimes,
played with other games and when I tried to play with it again the save have disappeared. Same thing with Aleck
Bordon
hate2.gif

npy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Back !

The beast arrived yesterday, and I could not boot a rom properly yet
hate2.gif

The EZ4 boots alright though : I can get to to the menus etc

I recognize that I am quite confused by the lack of documentation and that may be the source of my problems.

Anyway let's give it a try :

- I tried 2 kernels so far : 1.630 and 1.720. Both ran alright.
- I am using client 1.03,everything looked OK when transferring Roms.

So now what is the problem ?

When I go to the "file manager", I get into the "EZ disk" : I can see my roms.
When I select a Rom (XXX.gba), there is a loading screen ( "progressing x%" )
When it reaches 100%, there is a warning screen about cheat error (I guess this is nothing important)

Then I press "A", the GBA reboots and... stays frozen on the "gameboy" welcome screen.
Now, if I reboot -manually- the GBA, an EZ4 screen appears :

waiting
\writing\saver\XXX.gba

And I am back on the EZ4 welcome screen.

That is it. I went through many tutorials and could not identify where I was wrong.

One point : my only experience with linkers so far was m3 simply ( ie : drag drop done
grog.gif
), so I am wondering if I should patch the roms somehow, or maybe create some folders in the SD card.

Dunno.

Hope you can help. Thanks in advance.

npy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
QUOTE said:
d forget to pick up the latest REBOOT loader firmware from the sosuke forums, for maximum compatibility.
I am using client and patcher updated on Sept 3rd 2007

QUOTE said:
it seems like an error when you patched. I'm not using the 1.03 client,
I checked my client after you noticed, and I found 1.04, but the same problem occured.

I think you are patching it incorrectly, most likely you enabled cheats
That sounds important/interesting : what do you mean by patching ? Transferring the roms through the EZ client ?
shy.gif

How should I disable cheats ? I always took care to leave the "cheat field" of the client untouched.

I say ARGH.

Thanks !

dexmix

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
do you know how to update the cartridge firmware?

you put it on the cart, hold R while it boots, and then let it write the new firmware/LOADER? i use the RESET loader. (think thats what its called)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: lol, Okies. Family graveyard is that way 👉