Homebrew Needing Help, I accidentally deleted something in my CFW

sayon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
So i was putting games on my 3DS' sd card which was CFW'ed by someone else. After booting it up again, my games disappeared and now i think i deleted or touched something that i shouldnt have. Its using AureiNand btw

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Aureinand should just mean A9LH - @sayon when you hold Select on boot what happens? And what does the console normally do on boot (eg just boot normally and then pirated games work, or do you see funny colours? And if funny colours does it still do that now?)

Probably just a case of SD card corruption (in which case you're better placed to help @TurdPooCharger )

Reactions: TurdPooCharger

sayon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
When i press start, it just go to the aureinand settings. There are no funny colors, just a typical 3ds screen but no pirated games @Quantumcat

sayon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Wow, that's an really old CFW.

Calling @Quantumcat!, Is this another case of MenuHax gone wrong?

Yeah and since you mentioned it, another reason of me posting this is because i want to put a newer cfw. Can i directly put the new cfw in the sd card or i must first do something on my current cfw?

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When i press start, it just go to the aureinand settings. There are no funny colors, just a typical 3ds screen but no pirated games @Quantumcat

Yeah and since you mentioned it, another reason of me posting this is because i want to put a newer cfw. Can i directly put the new cfw in the sd card or i must first do something on my current cfw?

On second thought, now its not even booting

Prepare the SD card.

1. Copy everything off your SD card over to a computer.
  2. Reformat in FAT32 + 32 KB cluster size with either Windows File Explorer or guiformat (if bigger than 32 GB).
  3. Full Write + Verify the empty card with H2testw. This is to test for hardware faults. Do not skip this step!
  4. If the card passes, delete the *.h2w test files.
    • :!:A reported error means the card needs to be replaced. Go back to step 1 with a replacement card.
Update the custom firmware and 3DS firmware.

5. Do not add back your files at this time.
6. Follow the guides: A9LH to B9S and Finalizing Setup.
  • You want to install:

Add back your stuff and fix broken stuff.

7. Double check that the current Nintendo 3DS folder is a dummy or blank copy. Delete this off the SD card.

8. Copy your setup back to the SD card. HOME Menu games, DLCs, updates, saves, and extdata are contained in the Nintendo 3DS folder.
  • Adjust for other folders like 3ds with 3DSX apps, themes & splashes, roms, etc.
  • Supplement your setup with the CFW starter kit.
9. Look in the System Settings → Data Management → Nintendo 3DS → Software.
10. For signs of damaged database where only GodMode9 recognizes installed titles, use CTRTransfer (Type D9) - Rebuild 3DS Database.
  • To check in GodMode9 hold (R)-shoulder and press (A) on [A:] SYSNAND SD → Search for titles. You should see a list of your titles as TMD files.
  • The script has three rebuilding options. If you're not sure which to choose, use Option (A) - Quick.
11. Backup your saves + extdata with Checkpoint or JKSM.
  • Certain games have anti-cheat save protection called "Secure Value". Triggering or upsetting this will delete the save upon the next time that game is launched.
  • To reset the Secure Value, you can either restore the save with the manager of choice -or- be really careful deleting this specific NAND file.
    • GodMode9 → [1:] SYSNAND CTRNAND/data/<ID0>/sysdata/00010011/00000000 → Press (X) to delete.

Last edited by TurdPooCharger,

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Prepare the SD card.
  2. Reformat in FAT32 + 32 KB cluster size with either Windows File Explorer or guiformat (if bigger than 32 GB).
  3. Full Write + Verify the empty card with H2testw. This is to test for hardware faults.
    • A reported error means the card needs to be replaced. Go back to step 1 with the replacement card.

• You want:

7. Copy your setup back to the SD card. HOME Menu games, DLCs, updates, saves, and extdata are contained in the Nintendo 3DS folder.
  • Adjust for other folders like 3ds with 3DSX apps, themes & splashes, roms, etc.
8. System Settings → Data Management → Nintendo 3DS → Software
9. For signs of damaged database where only GodMode9 recognizes installed titles, use CTRTransfer (Type D9) - Rebuild 3DS Database.
  • The script has three rebuilding options. If you're not sure which to choose, use Option (A) - Quick.
10. Backup your saves + extdata with Checkpoint or JKSM.​
For step 7 maybe add, "If the console created a new Nintendo 3DS folder, delete it before copying over your backup"

Reactions: TurdPooCharger
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@TurdPooCharger
How to install something in ctrnand and whats the file that makes my 3ds booth since i want to know the version of my 3ds
Step 6 with the two guides will walk you through with updating the custom firmware to boot9strap along with CTRNAND Luma3DS.

Edit - You will not know the version of the 3DS firmware unless you gain access to HOME Menu and System Settings.

For the custom firmware components like Luma3DS and GodMode9, you hold (START) and or (SELECT) when turning on the system to gain access to Luma3DS v#.# configuration or Luma3DS chainloader GodMode9. They should indicate their respective versions.

Last edited by TurdPooCharger,

sayon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
@TurdPooCharger @Quantumcat *https://3ds.hacks.guide/a9lh-to-b9s* says that i should put something in luma/payloads which in my directory there is no such folder but only this

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Though in my aurei folder it also contains a folder "payloads".
@TurdPooCharger @Quantumcat *https://3ds.hacks.guide/a9lh-to-b9s* says that i should put something in luma/payloads which in my directory there is no such folder but only this

And also i see some menuhax files on my directory. Now I am confused if i used menuhax or a9lh. PS. it was CFW'ed by someone else that is why im really clueless rn

Attachments

• luma.png
    luma.png
    28 KB · Views: 153

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia

Though in my aurei folder it also contains a folder "payloads".
If it doesn't exist, create it.

And also i see some menuhax files on my directory. Now I am confused if i used menuhax or a9lh. PS. it was CFW'ed by someone else that is why im really clueless rn
Turn the console on holding Select - if you get a menu pop up, tell us what version of Luma it says you have.

Last edited by Quantumcat,
Reactions: Alexander1970

sayon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
On the instructions, it says that i should overwrite. Should I overwrite or do the steps first before i put my files?

sayon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
you said on this one that i should not put my files back yet

Prepare the SD card.
  3. Full Write + Verify the empty card with H2testw. This is to test for hardware faults. Do not skip this step!
    • :!:A reported error means the card needs to be replaced. Go back to step 1 with a replacement card.

• You want to install:

7. Double check that the current Nintendo 3DS folder is a dummy or blank copy. Delete this off the SD card.

8. Copy your setup back to the SD card. HOME Menu games, DLCs, updates, saves, and extdata are contained in the Nintendo 3DS folder.
9. Look in the System Settings → Data Management → Nintendo 3DS → Software.
10. For signs of damaged database where only GodMode9 recognizes installed titles, use CTRTransfer (Type D9) - Rebuild 3DS Database.
  • To check in GodMode9 hold (R)-shoulder and press (A) on [A:] SYSNAND SD → Search for titles. You should see a list of your titles as TMD files.
11. Backup your saves + extdata with Checkpoint or JKSM.
  • Certain games have anti-cheat save protection called "Secure Value". Triggering or upsetting this will delete the save upon the next time that game is launched.
  • To reset the Secure Value, you can either restore the save with the manager of choice -or- be really careful deleting this specific NAND file.
    • GodMode9 → [1:] SYSNAND CTRNAND/data/<ID0>/sysdata/00010011/00000000 → Press (X) to delete.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I've always been kind to @AncientBoi