Blackfall

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hey

after having my xbox 360 slim (250GB, MFR 2011-09-29, should be Corona because of 120W power supply) laying around the last x years I was thinking about doing rgh for playing my backups and old xbox games.
The guide wasn't really clear for me what components I will need to solve this.

Am I right that I only need the following things beside of my solder equipment?

Chip: x360ace v3
Programmer: J-R Programmer V2

Should I use these or are there other components more preffered for glitching an xbox 360 slim?

Is there any reason I should add dualnand? The console will never be used for xbox live anymore.

Anything else I should take care for?

Thanks in advance for all helpful information you can give me.
Blackfall

Last edited by Blackfall,

Blackfall

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Those will work fine.
Dual NAND, yeh if you want on Live then get it, otherwise nah.

Solder points are tinyish so take your time for it.

alright thanks for the reply. How about qsb and postfix adapter? are these needed or does I need to check my mainboard first which corona version (should be v1 or v3/5 since it has 250gb hdd) I have.

Blackfall

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I've just checked the mainboard. It has the chip from v1 (16mb nand) and also the lanes for post out. I've ordered the x360ace v3 chip and jr programmer v2 so I guess I'm good to go when the components arrive?

Some last questions I would have:
- Should I solder the nand cables directly with the adapter I will recieve with my jr programmer? My idea was using some jump wires so I can let them inside the console so if I ever need to read/write the nand again I don't need to solder them again.
- Since we can read/write the nand and I'm dumping the nand at the beginning it should be working to restore the console again to stock if I ever need to do so?
- I've seen multiple manuals using the x360ace v3 chip for corona pointing out that the preflashed configs are working well with this board. Should I still somehow check for better configs to speed up the boot time?
- If so: where can I find such configs/informations
- When starting the console the first time with xell for flashing the XeBuild the console is getting a IP. Does I need to have a working dhcp server in my lan or can I just connect the console directly with my pc (no switch/dhcp server)?
- I read that there is a option to update the dashboard of the console with some modified files instead of using the real dashboard updates. Do you know where I can find additional informations about how to this? (or should I even avoid updating the dashboard?)

Thanks again for your help :)

Last edited by Blackfall,

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Just leave the cables in, make sure to unplug the NAND dumper before you power on the console.
Yep, restoring to stock works
Decreasing boottimes can be done by slightly shortening the RST wire.
Networking isn't really needed for XeLL.
Make sure you're on the latest dash before you RGH it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Apply snorgle to pinfor.