Hacking Need your opinion with buying a new cart

hkstyle

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well i bought a new ds for a family member today and im thinking about getting them a flashcart, I cant decide whether to get a supercard Ds-one or an Acekard 2. the supercard cost a little more then the acekard. Are there anything worth considering besides supercard, acekard 2 and CycloDS? And if you could tell me the major drawbacks that would help me also. thanks

gates59

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well I have two M3DS and they work great. Has great software and I use sakura. I'm also ordering two acrkard's because they are also a great cart and a good price. Just stay away from the r4's and you will be ok.

Ballistic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
R4 only claims its fame as one of the first flashcart onto the DS "pirating" scene. But that's long since passed and the R4 team has stopped developing and halted improving their hardware/software for the R4. In another sense, R4 is good but obsolete. It cannot read SDHC cards; which is pretty important since almost everyone needs more than 2 GB of storage after a while. Not to mention R4 incompatibility with a few new games with piracy protections and such. Cheat system on the R4 is also a big "no no" because it can't read all the cheat data in a cheat file.

As for SuperCard and Acekard decision. I would have to go for Acekard. It's cheap, looks better than Supercard in my opinion, has a great development team, as well as our very own AKAIO team. Generally, Acekard has a lot more support and it has great compatibility. The build quality for the new Acekard 2.1 and 2.i is great since they chip case is enclosed with superglue instead of just clips. Although some prefer clips since they can open the cart and operate on it.

On the other hand, SuperCard is a decent choice. Its GUI looks decent but it's very difficult to create one's own skin in comparison to the Acekard. Real-Time Save is included in the package as well. Thing is, SuperCard forum support fails in comparison to the Acekard.

Both are great carts; Acekard for a satisfactory purchase for its price. SuperCard for additional in game options such as Real-Time Save. In other areas, they are both very good and very similar.

NightWalker186

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
Honestly if it was me i would def. go with the CycloDS. I have never had any problems with homebrew not working and never had any problems with Download Play/Multicart play. And especially full online play.

Every game i have ever put on there(100's), they've ALL worked perfectly with no lags or drawbacks.

I dunno.. I just have full faith in my CycloDS and all the ones I've gotten other people around town.
smile.gif

But however it is getting late and now I must part now. Have a good one peeps
wink.gif

hkstyle

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah i think i'll go with the acekard2, if the cycloDS was cheaper then it'll be the best candidate but unfortunately it's not. Thanks for your help.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I say fuck it and open Spotify 80% of your mruics already on it probably