need udisk version 1.45!

Discussion in 'Other Flashing Hardware & Software' started by madelinelew, Oct 13, 2007.

Oct 13, 2007

need udisk version 1.45! by madelinelew at 8:30 PM (4,768 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. madelinelew
    OP

Newcomer madelinelew Newbie

Singapore
    While transferring new games into the device, i accidentally deleted the xmenu.dat icon. So later, when I tried running the whole device again, it said that its needs an xmenu.dat format.

So I downloaded one from the net and the next problem was that it required a version 1.45 udisk. I tried downloading it from the net and transferring it into the dslinker several times.

But the system keep saying "need udisk version 1.45!" after a white screen appears, any suggestion on how to solve this problem?

2. paul1991

Banned paul1991 Banned

United States
    Not to be patronizing, but are you getting the xmenu.dat from the 1.45 upgrade file?
    Heres a link: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?download=825
    You just need the xmenu out of that file. Ignore everything else.

3. madelinelew
    OP

Singapore
    ya i am getting the xmenu from that file cause i dont know where else i can get that file. sorry kinda noob here. but how do i xmenu out ot it?

4. zombielove

Member zombielove GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    Did you put xmenu.dat in the DSYSTEM folder?

5. madelinelew
    OP

Singapore
    hmm..if i put the xmenu.dat into the Dsystem folder, switch on and try everything again, the system will say that there is no xmenu.dat format. so i transferred it out into the main USB folder again, and the device tells me that I need udisk version 1.45. hows?

6. monkey_banana17

Newcomer monkey_banana17 Newbie

Philippines
    hi! im new here.. anyway, i have the same problem. at first when i accidentally deleted the xmenu.dat file, i downloaded a new one (like the ones suggested in this website) but then when i pasted it into my ncard and open it in my ds the "need udisk version 1.45!" message appears! i'm really frustrated now:( please i need help.. i'm not really good at this so please kindly give me a step by step instruction.. thanks! [​IMG]

7. glowy

Newcomer glowy Advanced Member

Netherlands
    The "need udisk 1.45" message means you have the wrong firmware version, you need to upgrade your card to the 1.45 version.

8. leinad

Member leinad GBAtemp Fan

Germany
    The xmenu.dat's are only compatible with a specific udisk version.
    Go into USB Mode, you will get displayed your installed udisk version.
    Now go to the Download database, search for the firmware with that UDisk Vers.
    Download the archive and then copy the xmenu.dat of that archive to your card.

Or else you can upgrade to the newest firmware, but if your satisfield with the card I wouldn't recomment it, since there is always a small risk of bricking your card.