Need to upload a SAV file to a retail DS card

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by derfolo, Nov 23, 2008.

Nov 23, 2008
  1. derfolo
    OP

Newcomer derfolo Member

United States
    Hi all,

I have a Cyclo DS Evo with Animal Crossing which I play all the time, and I also have the real Animal Crossing retail card, which I never use. The new Wii version of Animal Crossing requires you to connect through download play, which means I need the real card. I would like to take my SAV file from the CycloDS and upload it to the retail card. Is this possible? If so, how does it work, and what do I need?

Thanks for any help!!!!

2. Nathan-NL

Member Nathan-NL GBAtemp Fan

Netherlands
    Download here the WiFi Backup Tool made by Rudolph [​IMG]

3. Cheater388

Newcomer Cheater388 Advanced Member

United States
    Other than the Wifi Backup Tool, I think there are homebrew programs for the Slot 1 that could do that. I'm not entirely familiar with this.

4. Rascal

Member Rascal GBAtemp Fan

United States
    If you have an EZ Flash 3-in-1, Rudolph makes a backup tool that works with the 3-in-1 to backup/restore/update SAV files (as well as NDS files). I use it myself to restore my AC:WW SAV to my retail cart all the time.

5. striderx

Member striderx GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Yeah, Rascal's got the right answer here. If you don't have an EZFlash 3-in-1, then get one. It's the best $20 you'll spend on your DS after you pick your slot 1 poison of choice. With the 3-in-1 you can move those files around at will, any time, any place. With the WiFi method you have to be near your WiFi connection and do the heavy lifting on the PC. Though using the PC is not rocket science, the 3-in-1 makes it so simple a 1st grader could do it.

Glad to hear you're doing this with AC:WW already, I was planning to do the same to use it with AC:CF when I get it.

striderx