Taiyohhhhhh!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
Australia
Okay, after realising that with Mario and Luigi 3 not working on the R4 and others, that it's time to upgrade. I mean, the worst is still to come (LoZ ST, KH, HGSS English, etc.). So which cart do you recommend?

All I want is a reliable cart that has DSi support and will let me keep all my R4 saves.

At the moment, I'm looking at the Acekard 2i.

What do you recommend?

Todderbert

Korg Fanboy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
8BitWalugi said:
Okay, after realising that with Mario and Luigi 3 not working on the R4 and others, that it's time to upgrade. I mean, the worst is still to come (LoZ ST, KH, HGSS English, etc.). So which cart do you recommend?

All I want is a reliable cart that has DSi support and will let me keep all my R4 saves.

What do you recommend?

Acekard 2i or a M3iZero, both are great carts.

8BitWalugi

Taiyohhhhhh!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
Australia
Todderbert said:
8BitWalugi said:

What do you recommend?

Acekard 2i or a M3iZero, both are great carts.

Didn't AK2i's have a tendency to screw up?

Todderbert

Korg Fanboy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Using Akaio on the Acekard instead of the official firmware, I rarely have issues. Its a great card with an awesome community support channel.

The M3 Team is doing a good job updating their loaders for the various game fixes.

8BitWalugi

Taiyohhhhhh!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
Australia
Sooo, there's practically no problems with the AK2i? Huh. Okay then, what about save files? Will I be able to keep my R4 saves? Also, how easy is it to set up (firmware set up etc.)?

Also, this is where I should be buying it from.
http://www.bamboogaming.cn/shop.php/flash-...ing-/p_140.html
Anyone know if it's a reliable source?

syko5150

GBAtemp Syko!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
8BitWalugi said:
Sooo, there's practically no problems with the AK2i? Huh. Okay then, what about save files? Will I be able to keep my R4 saves? Also, how easy is it to set up (firmware set up etc.)?

yes you can transfer all your save files also its just as easy to set up the firmware on AK2i as it is on R4...AKAIO is recommended over the official firmware.

8BitWalugi

Taiyohhhhhh!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
Australia
syko5150 said:
8BitWalugi said:

yes you can transfer all your save files also its just as easy to set up the firmware on AK2i as it is on R4...AKAIO is recommended over the official firmware.

Just checked the downloads section, AKAIO is unofficial? Alright then... if I install AKAIO do I need to install official AK firmware? Also can you post a link to the latest AKAIO download link?

syko5150

GBAtemp Syko!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
i haven't really heard much of anyone bricking their DS the only thing people talk about is the 1.4 update that blocks it if u didnt update the cart before upgrading the dsi but other then that most people don't have problems with them i cant say the same for the Fake Acekards though you can tell Fakes from Real by using AKAIO...AKAIO wont work on a fake flashcart =P

8BitWalugi

Taiyohhhhhh!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
Australia
Okay... seems pretty straight forward. Thanks for that!

Okay... DL'd the update. Do I use the DSi one when updating on a DSi and the DSL one when updating on a DSL? And if I update using the DSL one on a DSL, will it work for DSi?

DeltaBurnt

I'm bored
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Acekard2i is a good choice if you're looking for a good cheap flashcart that'll work with new games.

M3i Zero has a few upsides though, if Nintendo releases another update to block flashcarts with the acekard you need to be able to actually run the flashcart and run the update (meaning you need an extra DS Lite if you accidentally update) while the m3i zero uses a USB power cord to update.

M3i Zero also has Sakura (a really good firmware that's only for the M3, but AKAIO acekard's alternate firmware is good too) and Real Time Save (like save states).

8BitWalugi

Taiyohhhhhh!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
Australia
Yeah my younger bro has an M3DSReal with Sakura. Looks impressive, but i've heard things about M3i0's bricking. Also, I'm keeping my DSLite when I get a DSi, so it wouldn't really matter. So anyway, qhat does the DSi update file in the 1.4 update fix kit do? Is it if you have a 1.3 DSi and need to update so it updates the AK and then the DSi?

DeltaBurnt

I'm bored
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
8BitWalugi said:
Yeah my younger bro has an M3DSReal with Sakura. Looks impressive, but i've heard things about M3i0's bricking. Also, I'm keeping my DSLite when I get a DSi, so it wouldn't really matter. So anyway, qhat does the DSi update file in the 1.4 update fix kit do? Is it if you have a 1.3 DSi and need to update so it updates the AK and then the DSi?

What? M3i zero will only brick if you're stupid and pull the cable out during the short 10 second update.

And acekard's can brick too when trying to run the update.

8BitWalugi

Taiyohhhhhh!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
Australia
Actually, I might just buy it off GameByGameUSA. They'll do the update for me and seem to be pretty good. Opinions? Saw the ad on the front page BTW. Also, just reading the Go Green FAQ, so all they do is ship the contents with no box?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HoTuan @ HoTuan: how to mod switch ?