philipcooper

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
HI

I have been off the wii seen for over a year now so obvious alot has been going on and I am reading alot to try and catch up. I have a european wii with version 4 firmware on with a wiikey installed on it. I recently download new super mario bros and tried to play it but it is asking me to update first to play. Am I ok to update to play the game ?

I have also installed the homebrew channel that is it on my wii with no apps in it yet.

wii knee

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Welcome back! The search (right up there on the menu) works as well as it ever did.

xzxero's 4.2 guide

Have fun,

outgum

Pokemanz Master
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Ummm, Just update to 4.2? And follow the guide suggested above
happy.gif

philipcooper

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I have been following this guide and have got to the where I have to load DOP-IOS MODv11 and select Install IOS36 (r3351) w/FakeSign which I have done fine but then when I have to Downgrade IOS15 it keeps crashing and giving a screen dump. It does say in the guide it might do this and to just try again but I have tried 3 times and cannot get past this step. Can anyone help me please ?

Here is the link to the guige I have been following:

http://sites.google.com/site/completesg/hacking-guide/trucha

philipcooper

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Found out what the problem was and its wrong in the guide.

In this guide it only tells you to put 3 wad files on you sd card.

BUT :

In

The readme file for the trucha bug reatorer it says you need 4 wads. I put the other wad on what its says for the trucha bug restorer and it work perfectly.

I have updated my wii to 4.1 and have just placed new super mario in the wii and it is still saying I need to update my wii.

Why is this I thought tahts why I done the update.

Anyone help

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
philipcooper said:
Found out what the problem was and its wrong in the guide.

In this guide it only tells you to put 3 wad files on you sd card.

BUT :

In

The readme file for the trucha bug reatorer it says you need 4 wads. I put the other wad on what its says for the trucha bug restorer and it work perfectly.

I have updated my wii to 4.1 and have just placed new super mario in the wii and it is still saying I need to update my wii.

Why is this I thought tahts why I done the update.

Anyone help
NSMB has a boot2 update, which you can block with StartPatch/Priiloader ("Block disc updates")

Anyway, are you saying you need those 4 files for DOP-IOS MOD? or for TBR?

philipcooper

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I tried the 3 files with DOP-IOS MOD and it would not work so I tried the four files with DOP-IOS MOD and it worked fine stopped it from dump screening and carried on through the guide step by step without any problems then.

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Run StartPatch (make sure you have the right version for your system menu) and select Block Disc Updates.

OR

Instal priiloader and use the Block Disc Updates hack

philipcooper

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I have installed priiloader and know turned off disc up dates but when I put in NSMB its says there was a error turn off my wii and power back on and refer to the manual. It cannot be a bad burn I do not think as if I turn disc updates on it would update my wii from the disc. Surely if it was a bad burn it would say error here. Can anyone tell me what I got to do to play this game ?

Thanks in advance

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: @Xdqwerty, Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan! is the Japanese version of the game, different... +1