Hacking Need to update wii to access RB2 music store....safe?

Photokon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, I've got an old 3.2U wii, but I need to upgrade to access the wii store. I'm playing a burned RB2 also. If I upgrade after having done all this homebrew stuff am I going to torch my wii? Will I still be able to update homebrew and all the softmod stuff after I upgrade? Add wads? etc. Thanks

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Yes it is safe, it only updates what's on the Music Store, not the FW on your Wii...!!!
smile.gif

eric_4_life

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The RB2 music store is not up yet and no, it is not safe. Keep your 3.2U, or you will not be able to access most homebrew, but it will not brick your Wii

Vytaan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
eric_4_life said:
The RB2 music store is not up yet and no, it is not safe. Keep your 3.2U, or you will not be able to access most homebrew, but it will not brick your Wii

Doesn't it just update the music list though? I doubt it changes your firmware in any way...

I had the same with Animal Crossing, had to install a update but it was only for WiiSpeak
tongue.gif

kimikal27

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
eric_4_life said:

do you have rb2?
did you update it?
do you know any one that did?
with what backgroud do you say that?

Vytaan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I've got RB2 and I just tested it... I went to the 'Music Store', I connected to Nintendo WFC and then it just said 'No Rock Band Music Store data found'. Now that's weird... :S

kimikal27

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Vytaan said:
I've got RB2 and I just tested it... I went to the 'Music Store', I connected to Nintendo WFC and then it just said 'No Rock Band Music Store data found'. Now that's weird... :S

no, it's normal, it as nothing yet the same appends to me

Vytaan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
kimikal27 said:
Vytaan said:

no, it's normal, it as nothing yet the same appends to me

Ohh, now I see XD okay, that makes sense of course
tongue.gif
forgot that there is no DLC up yet...

Arek1985

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guitar Hero's music store did not have to update the system's firmware to acess the music store. Rockband 2 also requires no update, it's just the music store hasn't been released, but the game knows where the music store is to access it when it finally does go live. The only update that needed to be done was the update for the wii shop around the time of GH:WT's release.

Photokon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ya, but i didn't do that update arek. I'm on an old 3.2U. What do I do? I can't access the wii shop channel now and I didn't get the message that vytaan got. It said I needed to start the wii shop channel or some crap.

B

BryceOne

Photokon said:
ya, but i didn't do that update arek. I'm on an old 3.2U. What do I do? I can't access the wii shop channel now and I didn't get the message that vytaan got. It said I needed to start the wii shop channel or some crap.

Did you install the "Safe 3.3 Update"? After the 3.3 firmware update, they released this "SAFE" 3.3 Update just so you can still access the WiiShop without actually updating your firmware and keep it at 3.2U.

AsosaYoung

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BryceOne said:
Photokon said:

Did you install the "Safe 3.3 Update"? After the 3.3 firmware update, they released this "SAFE" 3.3 Update just so you can still access the WiiShop without actually updating your firmware and keep it at 3.2U.

I have the Safe 3.3 update and can access Wiishop + Starfall will keep you from updating to another FW.
3.2U TPHack, Softchip, Wii-ish_Force_NTSC_002_FIX about 3 weeks with no problems.

B

BryceOne

Photokon said:
I didn't do that bryce, is there a guide on that?

Safe Update 3.3 (For USA Wii's)

Just create a folder inside the APPS folder on the SD card (Folder can be named anything like 'Safe update'.
Run Homebrew Channel and you'll find Safe 3.3 Update in the list. Run it and follow it's instructions.

-- This is the info from the META file --
ONLY REQUIRED IF YOU HAVE WIRELESS !!
This fixes the issues with the 3.3 update that disables homebrew from working released Oct 23rd 2008.
It updates the shop channel and installs a custom IOS5.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Sup