Need To Transfer NNID To New 3DS XL...

Discussion in '3DS - Nintendo Network' started by Gamelogic, Jul 12, 2017.

1. Gamelogic
    OP

Gamelogic Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 24, 2016
    United States
    Ok, so I ended up with an old "3DS" sometime ago, messed with it (was/is awesome!) and even went so far as to create my first NNID. Eventually I linked my NNID with the older 3DS and I remember the handheld telling me that I cannot have my NNID linked to more than 1 system in the Nintendo family or whatnot so, alright. Fast forward about a month or so later. I finally get a New 3DS XL and now its time to make it my official handheld of choice since I plan on giving my old 3DS to a family member.

Well, I have to move my NNID from the 3DS onto my N3DS XL and the 3DS is telling me that I need to transfer my NNID. Ok, now, is this the same as a "system transfer"? The 3DS has 11.4, my N3DS XL has 11.2. I simply want to transfer my NNID to the N3DS XL so that I can begin softmodding it. I have not purchased any games whatsoever. I simply linked my NNID to the 3DS and messed with the handheld since it was actually my first time really playing with a 3DS of any kind. I am praying this isn't as complicated more than, say, simply transferring a NNID from one handheld to the next, otherwise I will forever dread even linking my NNID to the older 3DS....if so, I guess I should've did just a bit more research before linking. Thanks for any and all help on this.

2. lone_wolf323

lone_wolf323 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 27, 2011
    Canada
    Yes, this case thankfully is as easy as hitting that system transfer button. And no, the firmware version will not transfer over to the new 3ds system. If its still telling you that its not able to. Then all ya need to do is email ninty to get them to remove the NNID from that system. Just tell them it was lost or damaged. And you can easily pop the NNID over to your N3ds system

Gamelogic likes this.
  3. Gamelogic
    OP

Gamelogic Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 24, 2016
    United States
    Thanks an absolute ton! That is great news.