Hacking Need to send in WiiU to Nintendo to replace the fan, what to do before hand?

UranusKiller

TranceMaster
OP
Trophies
Website
djdynamite.freeforums.org
XP
Country
Once you put it on there is no removing the evidence. If they find it they will send the unit back not fixed. They may not check as it is a hardware fault, but you never know.....
True, I will just move the HBC over to SD. It's in the notes on my account that the user knows or at-least believes the sole problem lies with the fan bearing, bad fan. It would be strange for them to enter the Wii mode, they'd have no reason too. Power the WiiU on, hear the sound, open it up, power it on again, doctor who figures it's the fan, replaces it, put the housing back together, power the unit on, check disk drive boots correctly and all display appears fine? Here's hoping anyway. I'll record a video showing my Wii-U and it's serial to prove it was working 100% before shipping.

TehCupcakes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Several people (myself included) have sent in Wii U's with homebrew on them and have received a repair (or replacement) without a question. It seems Nintendo is largely unconcerned with/not checking for vWii hacks.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
True, I will just move the HBC over to SD. It's in the notes on my account that the user knows or at-least believes the sole problem lies with the fan bearing, bad fan. It would be strange for them to enter the Wii mode, they'd have no reason too. Power the WiiU on, hear the sound, open it up, power it on again, doctor who figures it's the fan, replaces it, put the housing back together, power the unit on, check disk drive boots correctly and all display appears fine? Here's hoping anyway. I'll record a video showing my Wii-U and it's serial to prove it was working 100% before shipping.
Make sure you don't leave the SD card in. I have heard of cases where they refused to repair Wiis because there was homebrew on the SD card.

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you really want to send it in, then backup data and format the entire system, it'll wipe any hacks/logs on it...it's like a clean slate all over again!

Have you ever done this? I will admit I've never tried wiping my Wii U, but I've read multiple accounts of this still leaving code behind (checkable through the HackMii installer)

Kargaroc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why the hell would you send in a Wii U with the SD card still in?!? And, more importantly, why would they look at whats on your SD card!?!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol