Need to repair my DS. Need some advice.

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by QuantumFluxx, May 23, 2008.

May 23, 2008
  1. QuantumFluxx
    OP

Member QuantumFluxx GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    So I've got an old Nintendo DS Lite which I baught back when the Lite's first launched. It's completely out of warranty at this point. My sister managed to break the case as seen here:
    [​IMG]

So as you can see, its pretty fubar'd. As well as the cosmetic damage, the touch screen has some issues detecting on the right hand side. It still all technically works, but the sensitivity is pretty rough. Now what I was thinking of doing, was going to DX and buying a replacement case, as well as this. Now my question is, is that enough to fix my sensitivity problem, or do I need to buy an entire new touch screen LCD?

2. pilotwangs

Member pilotwangs GBAtemp Maniac

United Kingdom
    I think that's enough.

I mean,it still works fine,right?
    So all you need to do is attatch it all up.

3. zidane_genome

Member zidane_genome My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?

United States
    Handyman's secret weapon... Duct tape!

just slab some on the bottom that wraps up to the back of the screen... won't latch open, but will still open and close...

but seriously, you can buy replacement cases... http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=81293

4. DeMoN

Member DeMoN GBAtemp Guru

United States
    The touch screen is unresponsive? Did she spill water on it or something? Try calibrating the touch screen again. And I don't think a replacement shell will solve all your problems, it may be due time for a new DS.

5. pokemongalaxy

Banned pokemongalaxy Banned

Canada
    well I think the case will pretty much fix it. But like demonstar said, you should fix the touch screen, they have replacement ones on dealextreme for only $10

6. QuantumFluxx
    OP

Member QuantumFluxx GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    Yeah thats what I was asking about. I have the link to the thing on my post that I was thinking of getting, if that was indeed the correct one. I don't know the difference between a touch screen module and a touch screen LCD.

And by unresponsive, I mean the DS was heavily used for years and the sensitivity on it is no longer working properly. Doing a calibration doesnt help it, its all wonky and you either have to press harder than usual to get it to register, or you need you press to the left or right of the thing your trying to touch.

And yeah, as I said in my post, a replacement case and that touch screen module was my plan, just running it down with those who know more about it. And I do have a second DS one of the Onyx ones I purchased before the white one broke.

7. Toni Plutonij

Former Staff Toni Plutonij *has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!

Croatia
    They didn't clicked the link, and when you just read it sounds like you linked the replacement shell..
    Yes, this is probably going to fix your problem..If the bottom screen works, but isn't responsive on touch, than you have a problem with the touch panel, and replacing it will fix your problem..

And don't forget to order tri-wing screwdriver, without it there's not much you can do..