need to know if i should just throw away my m3i

Discussion in 'M3 Adapter' started by fst312, Jul 14, 2010.

Jul 14, 2010
  1. fst312
    OP

Member fst312 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    i need to if i should just get rid of my m3i.when i bought the cart i didn't have a dsi and i still don't.a few months ago i wanted to give it the 1.4 update when it was updating it stopped flashing after 5 seconds probably because ididn't hold on to the update piece long enough.i thought it finished updated although it didn't take 30 second to finish the update.now when i open my ds lite the cart frezzes the ds when its opening to say nitendo ds.before anyone says to update again tht cheap update piece just stopped working after it never completed updating.i know it didn't finish updating because i was able to use someones dsi and when i'm on the main menu the cart doesnt show and the dsi i used was on firmware 1.4.is there anyway to fix this carts problem without that update piece.

if there isn't i'm glad i still have a cyclods to me te best cart ever made.

2. Joe88

Member Joe88 [λ]

United States
    where ever you brought it from, send them an email about the cable breaking
    they might send you another one free
    but if its some where like DX forget about it

3. fst312
    OP

United States
    i believe i bought it from deal extreme because it was cheap there i better go into my paypal account and see all my transactions i made to confirm this.

4. fst312
    OP

United States
    i bought the m3i from deal extreme march 15 2010.why did i think of updating this thing in the first place i just lost like $21.

5. RchUncleSkeleton

Member RchUncleSkeleton Skeletron 9000

United States
    just send it over to me instead of throwing it away...I'll figure out a way to get it flashed.

6. ether2802

Former Staff ether2802 we have the techno...!!

Mexico
    there is no other way to update it nor to get the FCORE file into it, and guess what, there is nothing inside, so you need someone with a working M3i Zero cable so you can update it right and then you'll have a working card...!! [​IMG]

7. RchUncleSkeleton

Member RchUncleSkeleton Skeletron 9000

United States
    honestly the flashing by cable is a terrible idea....all it does is provide the card with power while it flashes, acekard had a better idea of running the update via the ds.

8. Joe88

Member Joe88 [λ]

United States
    yes however if your dsi is at 1.4 you are official screwed unless you find a dsi under 1.4 or a regular ds to flash it

so teams like supercard and m3 devised other ways to flash the card without a need for a ds