• Thread starter Saiyan Lusitano
  • Start date
  • Views 1,534
  • Replies 11
S

Saiyan Lusitano

OP
Asus Eee PC 4G

It's a family member's computer whom asked me to install an up to date OS on it. I have tried Lubuntu but since the storage space of it is so small it didn't even allow me.

Here are the specs: https://www.cnet.com/uk/products/asus-eee-pc-4g/specs/

This laptop is currently running Windows XP (hardly), every time it boots up it goes straight to the BSoD.

D

Deleted User

OP
Shoot, I thought this was going to be a Laptop with about 4GB of RAM and about 200GB of space, where I would then suggest Mint.

But this thing is a tin can, get Puppy

Shikkichu

A little Pika girl~
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You could try giving Puppy Linux or Archbang a try to see if they work well on that netbook.
Would puppy be good for a cheapo 2gb laptop with only 150gb hdd? XD I'm not looking to upgrade it, I just wanna make it easily usable for guests, the vista the craptop came with is horrible ;w;
Believe me when I say it's a craptop.. I don't remember the exact specs but my Galaxy S4 has better specs.

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Would puppy be good for a cheapo 2gb laptop with only 150gb hdd? XD I'm not looking to upgrade it, I just wanna make it easily usable for guests, the vista the craptop came with is horrible ;w;
Believe me when I say it's a craptop.. I don't remember the exact specs but my Galaxy S4 has better specs.
I assume it would work just fine, but truth is I don't have anything near those specs myself so I don't know.

TeamScriptKiddies

Licensed Nintendo (indie) Game Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DSL (Damn Small Linux) would run beautifully on this. To be honest, one of my friend's is running it on an old Windows 98 machine (I honestly don't remember the specs of his machine off hand, but the fact that it came stock with this pc gives you some perspective lol). I also run the Xbox port of DSL (XDSL) on my original Xbox and its fantastic.

Reactions: Deleted User

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1