Need to get a way to use USB1 for USB loading

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by F0rZ3r0, Sep 2, 2016.

1. F0rZ3r0
    OP

F0rZ3r0 Member

Newcomer
    Oct 10, 2015
    United States
    Alright, I seem to be stuck at an impasse of what to do. I only discovered just now my USB0 is completely mangled up for some odd reason and it made one of my USB drives break whenever I stuck it in, so now I have no way of USB loading out of that port. Although, this is an issue because I don't know of a USB loader that uses USB1 as well other than USB Loader GX with Hermes cIOS.

Well, I tried to install Hermes but the installer actually isn't working for some odd reason. I thought my gamecube controller just wasn't working with it, but my Wiimote doesn't either.

So, I'm stuck. I don't know if I just have to give up from here or not, because I don't have a single penny to buy another Wii with, or anything really. I'm down to my last 8gb USB now that the other one just broke, and I'm kind of fucked basically.

All I'm trying to do is play Project M, and instead I've been having a headache for about a half hour trying to fix all of this crap. I'm sure everything actually works alright, and it's just this singular USB port causing a pain in the ass. I saw a thread from over 6 years ago regarding USB1 and Cfg and saw that apparently there wasn't support. If there is support now, I have no clue what I'm doing wrong then to get it working.

Also, I would have no clue how to get USB1 in USB Loader GX now because Hermes doesn't want to install and simply doesn't acknowledge any inputs. My only attempt now is to try WiiFlow, but I have to get Brawl back onto this USB which will take me about two hours until I can test.

In the meantime, can anybody help me or give me some ideas of what I can or need to do? Buying anything at all isn't an option as I said, and I'm only stuck with what I have.

Thanks for reading.

2. GreyWolf

GreyWolf GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 2, 2015
    United States
    Try d2x v10 beta 53 alt. It supports both USB ports but has issues with some titles running them under EmuNAND.

3. F0rZ3r0
    OP

F0rZ3r0 Member

Newcomer
    Oct 10, 2015
    United States
    Should this work under any USB loader that supports USB1?

EDIT: So, I'm testing now. I tried WiiFlow yesterday but it didn't work, and it still doesn't with the new version of d2x I installed that you told me to install. Now I thought the issue may have been that WiiFlow needs a disc in the drive to load, although either I can't use a random CD for that or it just isn't working. I think my friend told me the disc drive on this Wii doesn't work, so if I'm right, WiiFlow may not be able to be used.

I tried USBLoader GX, although it doesn't seem to function well with the cIOS or it's just being wonky, because when I go to the settings and change the setting to USB1 and restart, it still says "Waiting for HDD..", then going back to settings to attempt and change it again basically freezes the option and I can't change it.

Cfg is just the same, so I'm convinced it doesn't support USB1 at all.

I'll keep testing and maybe post a video of what I'm dealing with, but I'm going to try more and more from here.

Last edited by F0rZ3r0, Sep 3, 2016