Hacking Need to convet/upload GBA save file to GBA cartridge

flcl573

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm planning on putting some GBA save files onto actual retail cartridges. How do I go about doing this?

Also, is there any converter for different save files (gameshark, action replay, etc), or any information I should know in order to get them on my card?

Thanks.

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rudolph's GBA Backup Tool would be the easiest solution. There is one other way, which involves using a GBA program and creating a virtual FAT12 file system using the FCSR process, but that's rather complicated and should only be attempted if GBA Backup Tool fails.

how_do_i_do_that

Blue Wizard is about to die.
Trophies
You have insufficient posts to view user location.
XP
Country
Antarctica
actually you can do it if you got any of the gba expansion carts and a gameshark/action replay/codebreaker. I do this quite a bit.

This only works if your game doesn't require SRAM/RTC/misc patching to run on a gba exp cart and your target cart is a legit cart.

1. Load your game and save to NOR on the gba expansion cart.
2. plug the gba exp cart into the gs/ar/cb and use the computer program to make a gs/ar/cb battery file.
3. plug in your target cart and us the computer program to overwrite the cart's save memory with the battery file you just made.

I have to do this quite a bit to deal with the m3 pro, a pain in the butt since there is no stand alone converter to make compatible save files.

This also works great if you got sav files on say a EZ4 and want to move them to a m3 pro and vice versa.

Wok247

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=120782&hl= this shoud work but i have an other question about gba rudolfs backuptool.

There is the option "rom backup"
you can load the .gba from the REAL gba card to your flashcard (R4).
but can you load it "back up" on the card and can you change the roms ( means play another game on a real card)?

Sorry if i get of the topic when i sould do this please ignore my post but because we were talking about "gba rudolfs backup" this would be the best place to ask this.

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GBA and DS cartridges are read-only, so while you can dump the games, you cannot write new information to the cart (other than the save data).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night