Need to change IOS for Homebrew Channel to 56 from 58 to use USB Loader. Help??

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by tackfrog, Apr 14, 2016.

1. tackfrog
    OP

tackfrog Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 14, 2016
    United States
    So I've been trying to run my backup games through NeoGamma, however I've been advised to use a USB loader instead.

However, after researching it and learning how it works, I've learned that I should have IOS 56 on my Homebrew channel, when I currently have IOS 58. How can I change that IOS to 56?

Thanks everyone.

2. GreyWolf

GreyWolf GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 2, 2015
    United States
    No, 58 is right. You will also need a custom IOS installed that can read disc images from USB.

3. TiMeBoMb4u2

TiMeBoMb4u2 GBAtemp Maniac

Oct 25, 2008
    United States
    If you are on Wii, not vWii, everything you need to get things going can be found with ModMii. Click HERE, or see my sig. For GameCube backup loading, use Nintendont.

4. Wizardkoer

Wizardkoer Wii Veteran

Jul 14, 2015
    Australia
    IOS 58 is right for homebrew channel. Rather, your talking about IOS required for a USB Loader to start. You need to install IOS base IOS 56 v5661 in cIOS slot 222/249/250. Then in, depending on your USB Loader, you can choose to use the slot you installed your cIOS on.

5. Pacheko17

Pacheko17 かっこい男の子

Jan 31, 2015
    Brazil
    Somewhere in the south
    IOS58 is right as the other folks above said.

But please, for the love of god, don't use USB Loader, use CFG USB Loader, it's hundreds of times better.

6. Wizardkoer

Wizardkoer Wii Veteran

Jul 14, 2015
    Australia
    That's your opinion; you can't just say something is a 100x better. I personally use USB Loader GX but I have both. I don't hate CFG Loader though.

GreyWolf likes this.
  7. Pacheko17

Pacheko17 かっこい男の子

Jan 31, 2015
    Brazil
    Somewhere in the south
    You're right about the opinion part, sorry about that. But me and everyone I know had a better time with CFG, my friend even managed to brick his system with USB GX ( Don't know how exactly, but he's still pissed, poor guy ). And CFG is also a lot more customizable ( as the name implies ).

So yeah lol, just a reccomendation.

8. Wizardkoer

Wizardkoer Wii Veteran

Jul 14, 2015
    Australia
    Hmm my experiences are totally different... CFG would always crash randomly, not detect drives randomly, etc. Oh well, everyone has different experiences. Whatever works for you best is the one you use :)

9. GreyWolf

GreyWolf GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 2, 2015
    United States
    GX used to be able to install wad files to nand, so if you install a bad one it will brick your system just like if you install a bad one with MMM or anything else. :P

Anyway, that feature was removed a few years ago.