Hacking Need to be up to date

MegaSlime

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't used my Wii in a long time. The last time I used it was for Punch Out in which I had to my Wii to 4.0U. Now, I am trying to get the New Super Mario Bros. Wii to work, but every time I tried to load it, I get a 002 error, which happened before when I tried to load Punch Out before updating to 4.0U.

I've been out of the Wii hacking loop and I was wondering what do I do to get myself back up to date to be able to play all the newest games?

Thanks in Advance.

bazamuffin

RESIDENT HATER OF POLITICAL POSTING WANKSTAINS
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
MegaSlime said:
I haven't used my Wii in a long time. The last time I used it was for Punch Out in which I had to my Wii to 4.0U. Now, I am trying to get the New Super Mario Bros. Wii to work, but every time I tried to load it, I get a 002 error, which happened before when I tried to load Punch Out before updating to 4.0U.

I've been out of the Wii hacking loop and I was wondering what do I do to get myself back up to date to be able to play all the newest games?

Thanks in Advance.

USB Loaders are the way forward.

razorback78

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
MegaSlime said:
I heard something about USB Loader, so I should invest in an external hard drive?
yes definitely. usb loading is much faster compared to disc loading. plus if NSMB backup cannot be loaded on the disc channel unless you are hard modded. NSMB backups for soft modded wii could be loaded through usb loading only for now.

i run this game off neogamma r8 beta 7 cios249rev14 by using usb loading and disc loading...my wii is hard modded btw.
smile.gif

WalkerOfTheDay

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
razorback78 said:
plus if NSMB backup cannot be loaded on the disc channel unless you are hard modded. NSMB backups for soft modded wii could be loaded through usb loading only for now.

From what I heard, there are some reports that it does work on cIOS rev15.
Can't confirm it though, am also a USB-playa
smile.gif

Check the NSMB topic, first page.

MegaSlime

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Which ones are the recommended ones? I don't really want an external hard drive that needs to be plugged in with a power cable.

ziddey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
do know that the wii's usb ports don't put out regulation power. so usb powered drives will most likely not work unless you get the cable that has two usb connections. but then you're losing the other usb port to provide power.

crezwell

Trophies
XP
Country
ziddey said:
do know that the wii's usb ports don't put out regulation power. so usb powered drives will most likely not work unless you get the cable that has two usb connections. but then you're losing the other usb port to provide power.
I power my 320gb usb fine with just the cable in the one usb slot, the other cable is just tucked round back out the way

MegaSlime

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ziddey said:

Really? Damn, I guess I'd have to get the hard drive with a power cord.

crezwell

Trophies
XP
Country
MegaSlime said:
ziddey said:

Did you read my post right above yours?? Up to you mate, he said "most likely not work" whereas its working for me and many others.

MegaSlime

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
crezwell said:
MegaSlime said:
ziddey said:

Did you read my post right above yours?? Up to you mate, he said "most likely not work" whereas its working for me and many others.

I saw, but I guess I'd rather be on the safer side. Also, the 1TB hard drive posted by the other poster costs the same as the 500gb Toshiba I listed so I guess I'll get the 1TB one.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Least they got head in the end