Android need suggestions on best rom and kernel for Kindle fire original; retroarch with wired controller.

SonicMC

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Goal: Get kindle fire running retroarch and have OTG for a wired pokken controller controller.

The rom I am using doesn't seem to support OTG: CyanogenMod 4.4.2 Version InFriction v11 27-02-2014
Kernel: 3.0.72+

I don't really want to go to newer versions of android as I think performance may drop and I think I would have to setup otter (if you think I'm wrong and have a suggestion I'm happy to try it anyway). I don't mind going to older if it will run retroarch better or has OTG so my controller will work. I also read once that changing the kernel may also get OTG going.

If you think I need to change the kernel... a link to which kernel and maybe a tutorial would be great too.

I've poked around and would just like some opinions to try out.

Thanks!

ry755

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wouldn't recommend going higher than Kit Kat. And yeah, OtterX is kinda a pain to setup, and can mess things up if you do it wrong. I'm not sure if there are any roms that support OTG.

Reactions: SonicMC

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/3eGAHfC5P-Y?si=Fo3iEl1pZ4D_O6dp +1