Gaming Need someone's PC specs Knowlege :)

SquidgyBean

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Swords of Ditto is out tommorow for PC on steam and I was looking up the minimum specs to run the game and I'm not sure if my Linx 10x64 will run the game. Its not a fast tablet but it runs stardew valley.
http://www.argos.co.uk/product/5496774

• Swords of Ditto MINIMUM:
    • Processor: Intel Core i5-3210M (2 * 2500) or equivalent
    • Memory: 4 GB RAM
    • Graphics: Intel HD 4000
    • DirectX: Version 9.0c
    • Storage: 1 GB available space

My Linx specs
  • 1.44GHz Intel Atom x5-z8300 quad core processor.
  • 4GB RAM.
  • 64-bit quad-core Intel processor.
  • Intel(R) HD Graphics 400

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I don't think anything may stop it from running. Now running well, who knows.
If those "minimum specs" are to be taken seriously, then your CPU is very underpowered, like 4 times slower than the minimum. But usually "minimum specs" are conservative.
Your graphics chip is also like 2 times slower than the one on the "minimum specs", but again, it should work, perhaps not fast enough? who knows (but sure you are way below the minimum specs).

Last edited by sarkwalvein,

ThoD

GBATemp Addict (apparently), but more like "bored"
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Minimum specs is a rough estimate of what it would take to run the game at full speed on minimum settings, but it's not definite whatsoever. Depending on how your computer settings are, you may be able to run things way past what you should. Also, the minimum specs are estimated based on the average computer (meaning not clean and instead full of things slowing it down), so if you have a clean computer, you can just ignore them.

But to be honest, since games nowadays hardly ever come with demos anymore, you can simply pirate it simply for testing purposes, if it runs, good, go ahead and buy it, but if it doesn't you won't have wasted your money. Then again, you can instead buy straight away and refund if it's not working, both are valid options and I know people are against piracy, but if you are gonna buy the game, simply testing it beforehand isn't bad (although still illegal).

RedBlueGreen

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Minimum specs is a rough estimate of what it would take to run the game at full speed on minimum settings, but it's not definite whatsoever. Depending on how your computer settings are, you may be able to run things way past what you should. Also, the minimum specs are estimated based on the average computer (meaning not clean and instead full of things slowing it down), so if you have a clean computer, you can just ignore them.

But to be honest, since games nowadays hardly ever come with demos anymore, you can simply pirate it simply for testing purposes, if it runs, good, go ahead and buy it, but if it doesn't you won't have wasted your money. Then again, you can instead buy straight away and refund if it's not working, both are valid options and I know people are against piracy, but if you are gonna buy the game, simply testing it beforehand isn't bad (although still illegal).
This is why demos need to be a thing. At the very least give people something like a free hour to try the game out on Steam.

ThoD

GBATemp Addict (apparently), but more like "bored"
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
This is why demos need to be a thing. At the very least give people something like a free hour to try the game out on Steam.
I know, don't know why devs got so lazy that they don't even make PC demos anymore (at least most don't). Demos on PC were a great way to see if you can even run the game and whether the controls/mechanics were something you'd like and want to buy. Demos on PC can not only lower piracy (as MANY people only pirate to test games and see if they are worth buying), but also help reach a wider audience as it can attract more people who wouldn't have considered getting it in the first place. On top of that, it will significantly lower refunds, so it's a win-win for everyone!

Reactions: sarkwalvein

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, no sabría cómo decirte