Hacking Need someone who reads Japanese

Aurionfox

Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Mexico
I know some japanese so i can help you with that.

After some searching... sorry but they don't ship to canada (neither worldwide other than japan and their islands), also you need a Japan Yahoo ID to add it to your shopping cart, i leave you here the original page and a translation of google

Original

QUOTE said:

Sorry if it is Yahoo Mexico but the translation is from Japanese to English

caribou007

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I thought I'd share what I learned about doing this for anyone that's looking for info.
I decided not to do it because I can get a brand new pink one for $19....maybe I'll spray paint it black... so I'll probably buy that sometimes next week unless I find something better before then....

There are companies that provide mail forwarding, so they give you an address which belongs to them and you can make an account with the store you want to purchase from and purchase the goods yourself and have them mailed to that address you're given. They then forward the packages to you.

A lot of people use a service/company called Japan To Door for this. I found that (for now anyway) they have no service fee for mail forwarding, but there is still a handling fee, or something.

So the cost for a DS Paddle would have been the price of the paddle, plus the store's cost of shipping (which turned out to be $10 for basic mail, which is a lot higher than other stores that were selling the paddle, and those stores also had the paddle on sale, but they were sold out, unfortunately), plus the Japan To Door handling fee, plus the cost of shipping from JTD to my house. The paddle was $20, but with the other costs it amounted to $46. I decided it wasn't worth it just for the colour. Hopefully I'll find someone that wants to sell theirs eventually.

Aurionfox

Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Mexico
caribou007 said:
Would someone please look here and tell me if it's what it is?

It appears they are selling these DS Paddle controllers used and new at a discount. Also looks too good to be true.

http://www.furu1online.net/shop/goods/good...p?goods=1353661

Sorry pal, the offer enden almost 4 years ago so they are out of stock, check another one
closedeyes.gif
and good luck
yaynds.gif

Densetsu

Pubic Ninja
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Huh. It's weird that I didn't see this sooner.

caribou007 said:
I need someone to tell me if I could get THIS shipped to Canada.I got as far as the shipping info (I've put a red box around it in this screenshot) and it requires you to input a Japanese address. There's no option for international shipping. Not only that, but it requires a Japanese phone number. Unless you have a physical address and an activated phone in Japan, you won't be able to order this item. Not to mention you'd have to register for a Yahoo! Japan ID to even get that far.

QUOTE(caribou007 @ Oct 7 2011, 12:30 AM) Would someone please look here and tell me if it's what it is?

It appears they are selling these DS Paddle controllers used and new at a discount. Also looks too good to be true.

http://www.furu1online.net/shop/goods/good...p?goods=1353661
This item is out of stock--it says ???? (red box in this pic).

Sorry man, either way you're out of luck. The only way around the first website is if you have friends in Japan who could order it for you and then ship it to you themselves via EMS.

caribou007

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have two questions about License Of Play (the first one). It looks to me like they only offer EMS shipping for $1000 yen, is that right? No Small Packet shipping (which would be $341 yen). Also, it looks like they don't have a retail location that is open to the public, correct? Also, did I use the correct method for writing Japanese currency? X)

caribou007

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well, I've exhausted google on this item. Looks like only Gmax and License Of Play still have it, and GMax is redoing their website or something so I haven't gotten any information on them. Maybe I found it in some other stores but the price was higher so it wouldn't be worth it for me. What I don't understand is if these were on clearance, and they sold out, and are only compatible with the DS/DS Lite, and people have been replacing their DS/DS Lites with DSis, XLs, and 3DS, then why haven't I found any posts from people trying to sell theirs? I searched google and found only two people trying this- one here on GBATemp sold a white paddle for $25 which they bought for $20 and another on NeoGaf tried to sell their white paddle for $15, and never sold it, and now they asked me for $40. I mean, I did a google search for 'craigslist ds paddle' and it turned up nothing. I found one Ebay seller sold Arkanoid with a paddle included (don't know what colour it was) about two weeks ago. Jap-Sai.com said they'd try to find me a cheap one at game stores in Japan a week ago and haven't found anything yet. It's strange, I expected to find more. I know they're out there. They're only compatible with 3 retail games that are worth playing, so they people must be getting bored of them. I don't understand how I haven't found more people trying to sell. I even posted on craigslist and GBATemp in the SELLING section (trying to find people to chip in so we could all get them imported together to save on shipping) and noone's shown any interest in buying. It's kinda bizarre.

chaosdarkneo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The fact that they're so high is BECAUSE they're so rare. No one wants to sell them at a low price since it's easy to make money off it.

Densetsu

Pubic Ninja
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Well, I've exhausted google on this item. Looks like only Gmax and License Of Play still have it
Did you try searching for it in Japanese?

"パドルコントローラDS"

I found multiple results in just a few seconds, and they're actually not that rare at all. Amazon Japan has it, and they ship internationally.

There are a few things Amazon Japan won't ship internationally, like software (including video games) and DVDs.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1