Need someone to test streetpass relay with those...

Discussion in '3DS - Nintendo Network' started by Dartz150, Aug 7, 2013.

1. Dartz150
    OP

Dartz150 GBATemp Official Lolicon Onii-chan™

May 5, 2010
    Mexico
    On a Strange Journey
    Well, I was viewing some info on 3DBrew and saw this, is the SSID list that can be set as Nintendo Zone hotspot:

Warning: Spoilers inside!

These can be configured on you own router/laptop/phone to identify as a Nintendo Zone, but you need to leave the hotspot without any security password.

I'm now curious if something happens with the new relay feature, but I don't have a compatible router or phone, so be free to post your results here :)

2. dicamarques

dicamarques Definitely not Bruce Wayne.

Jun 25, 2010
    Portugal
    Your computer's Recycle Bin
    It works wth any router, just remove any security and change his ssid. Though i stil havent updated so i cant test it. I would use a ssid that shows only nzone access and not browser access (although people with other stuff can connect to it)

3. mylesofsmiles

mylesofsmiles Member

Newcomer
    Jun 27, 2013
    United States
    I have a router configured with the SSID "attwifi" and my 3DS XL notices it as a Nintendo Zone. You obviously don't understand how the relay feature works though. If I visit a Nintendo Zone with my 3DS XL and somebody else visited it before me, I automatically get their profile through StreetPass. It only works for one profile at a time. Not only that, it also says on the Nintendo website that you can't configure a normal router to work as a StreetPass relay station. I don't have another 3DS so I'm not sure if the relay feature actually works on my router or not.

4. klim28

klim28 Hunter4Life

Jul 24, 2010
    LocLac village...
    I have 2 3DS. I tried the attwifi, Bestbuy, and _The Cloud. Doesn't work for me.

5. Randamin

Randamin GBAtemp Regular

Feb 1, 2010
    United States
    Laredo, TX
    There is more authentication to it than just the router SSID. More than likely we are looking at the router's MAC address and possibly even the IP address that the actual relay station router is connected to.

6. dapaua

dapaua Member

Newcomer
    Jan 5, 2007
  7. TiagoHenriqueCan

TiagoHenriqueCan Member

Newcomer
    Oct 8, 2012
    Set WiFi Channel to 6