Link Shed

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,
My question is can I have 2 HD's hooked up to a WiiU?

The problem is I have a 1Tb HD hooked up with WiiU saves and info on it, but I have my vWii softmodded and want to run Backups from USB Loader GX through homebrew. Is there anyway to have the 1TB HD do both? The Wii U saves/games and also VWii homebrew backups?

Thank you for any information in advance this site and everyone who contributes is fantastic.

Link Shed

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wolf savior thanks for the response.. I have another 500gb hd , but from what I read I think it needs its own power source. Also does the Vwii recognize both USB ports or only the bottom one like the original Wii? The 500gb portable HDD that I have is a toshiba that works perfect on the Wii but shuts off in Wii U mode.
And I know about the "Y" cable solution for that, but with one HDD already in their. It seems I am out of options.

Link Shed

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the responses. I am gong to try and keep my Ac powered 1tb HDD in the rear lower port for my WiiU saves. I will try my Toshiba 500gb USB portable in the rear top port. If that doesn't work I'll have to try the front with a "Y" cable. I don't understand why the Wii U doesn't give off enough power from a single USB port to keep the HDD going but the Wii did. Oh well I'll let you know what the results are.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: