Need some with HD's on WiiU and vWii

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by Link Shed, Jul 15, 2014.

1. Link Shed
    OP

Link Shed Member

Newcomer
    Feb 13, 2013
    United States
    Hello,
    My question is can I have 2 HD's hooked up to a WiiU?

The problem is I have a 1Tb HD hooked up with WiiU saves and info on it, but I have my vWii softmodded and want to run Backups from USB Loader GX through homebrew. Is there anyway to have the 1TB HD do both? The Wii U saves/games and also VWii homebrew backups?

Thank you for any information in advance this site and everyone who contributes is fantastic.

2. WolfSaviorZX

WolfSaviorZX Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 20, 2013
    United States
    Deleted

Last edited by WolfSaviorZX, Mar 23, 2017
  3. jammybudga777

jammybudga777 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Aug 23, 2013
    but what about using 2 hard drives in vwii mode? for use with almost anything/apps

4. Link Shed
    OP

Link Shed Member

Newcomer
    Feb 13, 2013
    United States
    Wolf savior thanks for the response.. I have another 500gb hd , but from what I read I think it needs its own power source. Also does the Vwii recognize both USB ports or only the bottom one like the original Wii? The 500gb portable HDD that I have is a toshiba that works perfect on the Wii but shuts off in Wii U mode.
    And I know about the "Y" cable solution for that, but with one HDD already in their. It seems I am out of options.

5. tbb043

tbb043 Member

Jan 30, 2008
    United States

Actually, you need to use the TOP one on vWii for some reason.

6. WolfSaviorZX

WolfSaviorZX Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 20, 2013
    United States
    Deleted

Last edited by WolfSaviorZX, Mar 23, 2017
  7. Link Shed
    OP

Link Shed Member

Newcomer
    Feb 13, 2013
    United States
    Thanks for the responses. I am gong to try and keep my Ac powered 1tb HDD in the rear lower port for my WiiU saves. I will try my Toshiba 500gb USB portable in the rear top port. If that doesn't work I'll have to try the front with a "Y" cable. I don't understand why the Wii U doesn't give off enough power from a single USB port to keep the HDD going but the Wii did. Oh well I'll let you know what the results are.