Wannabe Shirow Miwa...
OP
Trophies
Website
yuukouken.deviantart.com
XP
Country
United States
So, I'm looking for a touch screen media player(your thinking ipod touch right)
Well I have an Ipod Touch 1g 8gb
but come fall new tech is coming out in the form of the:
Zune HD: Confirmed
and probably the Ipod Touch 3g w/ camera(supposedly)
anyway, lets get down to it:

Which one should I get come fall?
(do not suggest a psp-go or dsi!)

thanks for your input

zidane_genome

My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The rumor for the Touch 3G is full camera (still/video), and a built in mic!

Get the Touch... and if you have Verizon, you can pick up a MiFi (personal WiFi hotspot), use the Fring w/Skype app (free), and make all the calls you want!

Elritha

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I'd go with neither. I just don't like media players that force you to use their own software to upload content to your device. Whatever happened to drag and drop from My Computer?

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You know there are other software than itunes and such for removing and adding songs to your iTouch/iPod/Zune, e.g Winamp it's painless. Go with iTouch Ipod Touch man! I am not a big fan of apple (I like microsoft better) but they make some damn sexy personal media players
biggrin.gif

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
How can you compare something that isn't even out yet?

Also, Cowon S9 was here. Enjoy your overpriced shit, while I watch movies on my superior AMOLED screen.

BoxShot

Chiyo-chan :3
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
laugh.gif
IMO go for neither of those two. I hate propiretory (sp?) software and I don't like either company. (I hate apple more) If I have to I'd say Zune HD. *randomly suggests a samsung p2/p3 or cowon s9*

@Tropicana Eat my fuze .... okay I lose.
tongue.gif

PettingZoo

yesss
Trophies
Website
iancoulton.com
XP
Country
Edhel said:
I'd go with neither. I just don't like media players that force you to use their own software to upload content to your device. Whatever happened to drag and drop from My Computer?
You aren't forced to use iTunes with iPods, you can use many other methods such as the Winamp iPod Plugin.

Anyway, if I was you I would get the ZuneHD since you said you want a media player. Though if you wanted something that is all in one then I would get an iPod Touch 2g and jailbreak it which I have. Another plus is once the iPod Touch 3g comes out maybe a month or less the iPod Touch 2g would have surely fallen in price. Though back to between ZuneHD and the iPod Touch 3g, I would wait to see what the 3g has to offer and if it can be jailbroken before making a full decision.

benjaminlibl

Funky Member
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
Edhel said:
Drag and drop isn't a very practical solution when you have a lot of songs. It also doesn't let you make playlists. Also, with software, usually you are given the option to only sync songs that are not in the player. If you're going to be away from the computer and you're syncing manually, it's going to be stuck at the "overwrite file?" option, forever.

There are crazy amounts of software, commercial or otherwise, for the iPod right now. It's definitely not limited to iTunes. There's Media Monkey, Songbird, Winamp, etc.

I probably would get an iPod, based alone on the fact that there's so much support and community built around it right now.

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
The word Creative and good shouldn't be used in the same sentence. If this was a few years back, when they made good products, it would've been a different story, but not, they just don't understand whats good and whats bad anymore. At this rate, they'll go bankrupt.

Nonetheless, I'm still interested in the new product. Who knows? Perhaps Creative might redeem themselves.

IchigoK2031

Wannabe Shirow Miwa...
OP
Trophies
Website
yuukouken.deviantart.com
XP
Country
United States
The point of this is to see not only app store wise but also spec wise and design wise what is the best player, not just b/c its hackable or has ONE feature the rest don't. Like saying I'm gonna get a zune hd b/c it has radio. =P

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: But I bet that would be more for a flashcart than a consumer repro board.