need some help with stuff

Discussion in 'GBA - Game Development, ROM Hacks and Translations' started by chaos_killa, Nov 1, 2006.

Nov 1, 2006

need some help with stuff by chaos_killa at 3:33 AM (1,203 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. chaos_killa
    OP

Newcomer chaos_killa Newbie

United States
    how/could i make my own Fire Emblem game with hacking for maps and new classes and characters?
    or is there another way to maek an FE game...

could i edit Pokemon and FE games to create my own classes or pokemon? HOW!!!

2. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    Fire emblem is going to be reasonably hard to hack but you could do it, read up on the documents http://www.romhacking.net/
    or you might also want to try my own gba.ds rom hacking 101: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=36860 I detail no fire emblem specific stuff in this version (this was just a preview release but I detail some stuff you will need to know).

Pokemon on the other hand is also damn hard to hack but you are in luck as some talented types have set up some game specific tools with nice guis:
    http://board.acmlm.org/thread.php?id=6610 If you are having serious trouble getting stuff post and I will see if I can dig up and mirror a few things.

edit: typo curse afflicted.

3. chaos_killa
    OP

United States
    oh wow...i'm being dumb. I don't think hex editing is going to help me. im a complete newbie at hex editing, and it looks like a very hard thing to learn, and i'm a very lazy dawg.

is there, perhaps, a fire emblem maker of sorts? perhaps a strategy game maker which i can change the battle formulas and stats...

i just don't want to try a gamemaker which has a bunch of values i dont need, and battle formulas i cant customize....

ive got a feeling my needs are too great...*sigh*

4. Psyfira

Member Psyfira Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue

United Kingdom
    You probably won't find one for the GBA. I think there are programs out there for generating RPG's to run on a PC though. Not sure which ones are best or anything, I've never used them but I've heard of one: RPGMaker. It won't make games for the GBA but it's probably as close as you're going to get.

Hex Editing is *much* easier than you think, especially if you can find an editing guide for the game in question. Seriously.

5. chaos_killa
    OP

United States
    I'll try and see if I can at least change the character names. *sigh*

and alas i can't...someone kill me NOW! i cannot edit, and cannot understand a single pice of *cough*
    those graphics editors show me...IM BORED...

the life of game creator sucks dick... :'(

6. chaos_killa
    OP

United States
    no what? nar mind that last post. i\'ve decided that b/c i am 15, (i\'m probably one of the youngest here, arent i?) and i dont have wondorous resources and knowledge to back me up on my game-making career, i\'ll start with something not as talyored to my own preference.

I\'m making a simple war game with SRPG Maker (i didnt use this before b/c you have to make an animation file for EVERY class vs. EVERY other class, and there are only 80 allowed. This means you have to have 6400 bmp.\'s for the class animation!!! so if you want to edit a sprite, you have to replace 79 other files! talk about tedium

also, SRPG has very annoying stat values and battle formulas which i hate. Its main character/normal crony gameovers are glitchy too, but im doin my best with it.