Hacking Need some help with older wii

Kevenater

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok my nephew gave me his wii this weekend. It was bought fairly soon after the wii came out. The version is 2.0u I bought twilight princess and put it in and it said there was a problem and to remove the disc and refer to the ownders manual. I turned off the wii and back on and reinserted the game and it did any update but still says version 2.0u. I didn't mess anything up did I? Can somebody please tell me what I need to do with the version? update to 3.2 or 3.3 or what? I have softmii 2.1.1 downloaded. Is this the best softmod or is the bannerbomb I've read some about newer and better? I can't seem to find an answer to that question. I just wanna be able to make back ups of the games I buy. Also, can I use the 2gb mini sd card and the adapter that I use in my cellphone without deleting pics etc off of the card or do I need a virgin card? I know softmii says the card has to be formatted and I don't know if the one in my cell has been or not. I don't remember doing a format when I bought the card and put it in my phone. Please help and thanks!!

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
First get homebrew running, THEN worry about backup loading. And seriously Softmii is not recommend, all you need to run backups, eiher on disc or from usb, ALL YOU NEED is a cIOS installed and a loader on the sd card that you can run from the HBC. Installing SoftMii or cioscorp messes a lot with your system in a way you don't understand(there are many people who think they understand, but they just don't)

Take a look at this to start:
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=155844

donchen

Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
If you are using Softmii and it says that the card need to be formatted, then once you format it, all the pics in your sd card will be gone.

m00k

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
do as wiipower said and follow that guide. the only thing i would like to add (and i know it is in the guide, but i feel its important) when running the Hackmii installer (STEP 2 of teh guide), make sure you DO install Bootmii as "boot2" not "ios", then make a backup of your nand before you start doing anything else.

As your Wii is old you should be able to do this & it will protect you from most Bricks.

Kevenater

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks for the info guys, will it ask me if I want to create a backup of the nand or is it something I have to read about to know how to do it? Also, with this method, if I need to play one of my backup copies can I load it from the disc channel like with softmii? I definately would like to be able to do that and not have to do any complicated stuff to launch a backup.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs