Hacking Homebrew Need some help with my FF7 on PSP

Lappiedoo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi, D; so i got FF7 to work on my psp. The EBOOT of FF7 I found on usenet which saves me time to make it myself cuz i'll have to dig for the cds again. Anyway I got to the end of CD 1 and it asked me to save then to change disk. So i connected it to the pc and deleted the EBOOT and keys from the folder and replaced it with the CD 2 EBOOT and keys. After i turned it on and tried to continue, the save's are empty! So lol what do i do now!? I do notice 2 folders under the SAVEDATA one is "SCUS94163" and the other one is "SCUS94476" both got the FF7 png icon in it so i suppose its disc 1 & 2.

Anybody that can help me D:?

Samutz

Trophies
Website
samutz.com
XP
Country
United States
The game IDs of all the discs (eboots) have to be the same for the save to work across them all.

Edit: I don't know if you can modify the IDs after the eboot is made.
Rather than downloading pre-made eboots in the future, I recommend making your own eboots though, using Popstation GUI. The program will let you set your own IDs as well as various other options.

Lappiedoo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Yeah i'll keep that in mind, its just i saw it on the usenet and lazyness kicked in >.> so what should i do o_o rename the new folder after the first old folder or rename old folder as the new folder D;?

Elrinth

:Master beyond your imagination:
Trophies
Website
www.elrinth.com
XP
Country
So basicly does it mean i have to play over again? D;

you have to copy over the save file and rename it to fit the second cd.. the save file is in some separate folder.
i kinda got scared when I started cd2 of final fantasy 9 on my PSP too. but after some fiddling i got the saves from cd1 working like a clock for the second cd.

oh and btw, diablo 2 is better than final fantasy. why? diablo 2 has more items
ph34r.gif

VVoltz

The Pirate Lord
Trophies
XP
Country
So basicly does it mean i have to play over again? D;

you have to copy over the save file and rename it to fit the second cd.. the save file is in some separate folder.
i kinda got scared when I started cd2 of final fantasy 9 on my PSP too. but after some fiddling i got the saves from cd1 working like a clock for the second cd.

oh and btw, diablo 2 is better than final fantasy. why? diablo 2 has more items
ph34r.gif

Renaming nothing is not the actual solution. I think there is no way to change the eboot code, you woull have to re generate the eboot. Basically the best thing to do is:
1. Extract an .bin/.iso image from the eboot
2. Re create the eboot with the code from the first CD (it must be the same code as the folder name).
3. Repeat the process for the third CD.

And BTW, there is no way you can actually compare Diablo with FF, it would be like compare Sega's Daytona USA with Forza.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.