Need some help with my EZ Pass 2/ EZ4 Lite

Discussion in 'EZ-Flash' started by Foie, Jun 29, 2006.

Jun 29, 2006
  1. Foie
    OP

Member Foie That one guy

Featured Posts:
    United States
    OK, I need some help in updating the loader on my EZ4. Specifically finding the file/s I need and how to update it. Here is what the EZ Pass 2 guide says: ( EZ Pass 2 Guide )

EZ4

The EZFlash IV not using a linker means it is a bit different:

First make sure to update the loader on your EZ4 so as to enable passme2 compatibilty then copy the required .sav file, make sure it is called passme2.sav, to a saver folder on your Mini-SD card. The directory should look like this:

Root+
    +-Saver\passme2.sav

As noted, call the file passme2.sav. Then boot your NDS into GBA Mode. The EZ4 will detect the sav file and copy it to SRAM. Then power off your DS, and insert your Passme2 and power on your DS. It will now work properly.

Any help would be immensly appreciated. Thanks.

2. Dirtie

Former Staff Dirtie :'D

Featured Posts:
    New Zealand
    Once you've programmed the EZ Pass, get the corresponding SAV file from here: http://www.ezflash.cn/pass2/list.html
    (let me know if you particular game isn't there)

Copy the .sav file to the "Saver" folder on your miniSD, and rename it "passme2.sav". Then start up your DS (don't insert the EZ Pass yet), go into GBA mode, and it should say something about copying the passme2 file to sram. After that turn it off, insert your EZ Pass, and start up your DS again and it should boot to the EZ4 NDS loader.

Now what you need to do is get the loader from here: http://www.sosuke.com/ezflash/viewtopic.php?t=793 (get the latest one, will be closest to the top of the page), and copy it straight on to the root of your miniSD (don't use the client) and ensure it is named "ezfla_up.bin". After that, turn on your DS while holding down the R button and it should update. After that you're free to delete the ezfla_up.bin file from your miniSD.

3. MunkeeMan

Newcomer MunkeeMan Member

Featured Posts:
    Canada
    Does he have to go through this every time he changes the game to play? Or is this a one time setup process? Also, if he were to use FlashMe, would this process still be necessary?

4. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    Featured Posts:
    United Kingdom
    Flashme gets rid of the need to have a pass device.

As for the first question the .sav file needs to be there every time, whether it gets deleted or not I honestly do not know (it is simple enough to boot into GBA mode anyhow).
    Updating the loader should only have to be done the once (unless of course there is an update or you want to change skins).

5. MunkeeMan

Newcomer MunkeeMan Member

Featured Posts:
    Canada
    Okay, so putting a .sav file on there along with the .nds isn't a big deal...as long as you can have gamea.nds, gamea.sav, gameb.nds, gameb.sav etc all on there at the same time.

6. FAST6191

pip
    Featured Posts:
    United Kingdom
    I think you misunderstand.
    There is no .nds file involved with the passme2's (OK there is some GBA/DS side software that can program some vairants).
    The .sav file is the code that the passme2 tricks the DS into running, it has the extension .sav for the reason that save files which normally use .sav extension and are the only things that go on the SRAM of a cart.

You only need the .sav corresponding to the game cart in the passme2 device.

7. Foie
    OP

Member Foie That one guy

Featured Posts:
    United States
    Thank you SO MUCH Dirtie! I have been trying to get this to work for three days. I finally got it thanks to your simple instructions. [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. Foie
    OP

Member Foie That one guy

Featured Posts:
    United States
    But now I have to do the most dangerous thing of all. Flashing my DS Lite.

9. Foie
    OP

Member Foie That one guy

Featured Posts:
    United States
    Alright, what mode should my DS Lite be in? Manual Mode (boots to DS menu) or Auto Mode
    boots to game automatically) What will make it safest to recover if I somehow mess up during flashing?

10. FAST6191

pip
    Featured Posts:
    United Kingdom
    Passme devices automatically circumvent the DS boot order and if you screw up flashme it will not matter what you done there.

Just check and double check everything before flashing and as you are doing a lite make sure to use the insulated tool method.
    Provided you do everything as suggested flashme should be quick and painless.

11. Foie
    OP

Member Foie That one guy

Featured Posts:
    United States
    Alright! I successfully flashed my DS Lite. The only dificulty was due to my flashing tool. I had to wiggle it around a bit before the numbers starting going up. It started, then stopped at one, then it went to two, and stopped. I pushed it up a bit and bam! It started going up fast. Thanks for the help everyone! [​IMG]