Hacking Need some help with DS compatibility

Gruvis

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was poking around the forums here and on the ezflash site, but I'm having a bit of trouble sifting through the plethora of information for definitive answers. I figure one of you lovely everyday followers can sort through my issues a bit more quickly
wink.gif
I still have a EZflash II PS (and possible an old ez1 buried somewhere) that I gave to my little sibling a couple years ago. She just got a DS a couple months back, and I got the itch to play a couple games. Basically, my questions are the following:
1) Is my old EZflash II compatible with DS games, and what would I need to run them.
2) It seems MicroSD cards are compatible as well, but whats needed to make that happen (and in yer opinion, is it worth the trouble)

Thats about it, and advice/links would be much appreciated.
yaynds.gif

Gruvis

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah, come on. This is Greek to me, 50 views, 1 minute of yer time. The little sis has been bugging me all day
tongue.gif

BryanBayard

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Caveat: I know nothing of this product (except that that the results of my googling suggests it might be an old gba flashcart), but I can offer you some (un)educated guessing based on logic
tongue.gif

I can't see the card you mentioned on sale anywhere so it really must be old like you say. Although I see that EZFlash now have updated their products to version IV - and recently V. The V was reviewed here only recently.

My uneducated guess is that the EZFlash II will be very bad in terms of DS rom compatibility, simply due to its age and the very fact that there have been several subsequent versions. I assume its a slot 2 card, so even if it did support nds files they would have to be patched. You will presumably already know if any such patching software came with it (or can be download from their site - wherever that is). If it is an old GBA flash cart, it may well offer no nds compatibility whatsoever.
unsure.gif

Frankly, I think you should buy one of the newer slot 1 cards (e.g R4 / M3 Simply) if you really care about nds rom capability
wink.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnRVIC7kS4s