Homebrew Need Some Help With CIA's and FreeShop

megafunguy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I think we all know that the 3DS has the same eshop things like the Switch does. I've updated my 3DS and got everything settled but I want to know if it is safe to use Freeshop or CIA's as of right now, and if not will we ever get a new option for piracy in the future?

Also I hear stuff about the iso site which I know, but dont understand how to use or if it allows online use, so if I could get help with that, that would be cool

Deleted member 445482

Antisocial behavior detected.
Trophies
XP
Boy download everything you ever wanted right now Cause when nintendo flips the imaginary switch downloading is gonna get you banned so fill up the sd card with your favorite games.

duwen

Old Man Toad
Trophies
Website
www.exophase.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
My understanding is that CIA's will be fine, but Freeshop will be a definite no-no.
Also, unless you're already on the latest fw, stay on 11.7 or below unless you absolutely have to update.

As for that iso site... you'll just be looking at downloading CIA's from file hosting sites, which you then need to transfer to your 3ds' sd card and install with FBI.

nintenthUsiast2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My understanding is that CIA's will be fine, but Freeshop will be a definite no-no.
Also, unless you're already on the latest fw, stay on 11.7 or below unless you absolutely have to update.
As for that iso site... you'll just be looking at downloading CIA's from file hosting sites, which you then need to transfer to your 3ds' sd card and install with FBI.
freeShop being a no-no is half-right. However, it is a misconception. The sleep downloading part of the freeShop is dangerous. Technically, "normal" downloads aren't impacted by the update and won't send security tickets. However, this may certainly change in the future. Cias are fine at the moment. Staying on 11.7 won't really make a difference but when you update, do a NAND backup so you can always downgrade just in case :)
just don't update and you'll be fine.
You will be fine anyway as long as you don't use sleep downloading on the freeShop!
No. Even if he did not update freeshop still would carry bans.
There haven't ACTUALLY been any bans yet. It is just that they CAN use the false tickets to ban you in the future. Also, as I said above, only sleep downloading currently carries this risk AFAIK.
Not sure about that - if that were the case anything previously downloaded from freeshop before the update would be just as likely to get you banned.
In any case it wouldn't, because the tickets are only sent while downloading games, which wasn't a thing before 11.8.

duwen

Old Man Toad
Trophies
Website
www.exophase.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm still on 11.6 (I missed the 11.7 update as I've been spending my 'handheld' time on my Vita recently), so I'm sticking on that firmware along with CIA installs (although I did grab a handful of DLC's and updates from Freeshop at the weekend).

WiikeyHacker

Natsumi Naga
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
only dlcs i grabbed were for fire emblem echoes, conception 2, culdcept, fantasy life and smash bros. I retired from pokemon so that series has little meaning if any to me now lol.

mike a

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can get all the well known games on some ISO site, but the indie games are hard to find, if you can find them. The 3dsware games are what you wanna get on freeshop now lol. For instance: fire emblem and Zelda is easy to get anywhere, but like breakout defense aphadia, and I. F. O will be impossible to find outside of freeshop

PS; if you like shooters I recommend I. F. O!

Reactions: Itzumi

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM