Hacking Need some help concerning PlaiSysUpdater.

Catastrophic

Perfectly Normal
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello. I'm trying to install CFW on a New 3DS XL using Phailect's guide. I've done this once before on an old 3DS with hardly any problems, but I've ran into an issue with this one.

The unit was originally on 10.3.0E. I used browserhax to install menuhax and then proceeded to try downgrading to 9.2.0E using PlaiSysUpdater. I understand that it uses an unstable exploit and thus can take a few tries, but here's what happened: The downgrade process started successfully and while it was doing its thing, I stepped away from the unit to do something else. When I came back, Nintendo's "An ERROR has occured, please hold the power button yada yada" was displaying on the screen. I rebooted the console and it booted just fine into the home menu, and system settings shows the system version as 9.2.0-20E. According to the guide, the unit may appear to have downgraded fine but really didn't. Exact words:

"If PlaiSysUpdater crashes at any point during the downgrade (which can happen occasionally), you can power off the system by holding the power button. You will be left with what's called a "partial downgrade" or "partial", which is recoverable.

Although a partially downgraded system may show 9.2.0 as the system version, you are not done. You must restart from the beginning and downgrade a second time to install any files that were not installed. Browserhax will work for partial downgrades as long as you are using the recommended version of PlaiSysUpdater."

Considering the error I got earlier, I assume that something went wrong during installation since I don't remember getting this on the old 3DS. Now here's my problem: Whenever I boot PlaiSysUpdater using browserhax and try reinstalling 9.2.0. It ALWAYS hangs at "HAX INIT...". I've tried restarting many times but it simply won't get past that point. What do you guys suggest I do? Use a different application? I'd rather not do anything further and risk messing something up. Thanks

Last edited by Catastrophic,

Catastrophic

Perfectly Normal
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
try to install menuhax, plaisysupdater CAN'T boot from browserhax
That did the trick. Swift solution is the sweetest. Thanks a ton, mate! :D

One question though, During the installation, it only installed a single file before going "DOWNGRADE SUCCESSFUL" as opposed to the many files previously. This is normal, right?

Deleted member 373223

Pink = Best colour
Trophies
XP
That did the trick. Swift solution is the sweetest. Thanks a ton, mate! :D

One question though, During the installation, it only installed a single file before going "DOWNGRADE SUCCESSFUL" as opposed to the many files previously. This is normal, right?
yep, because apparently, it was the only file needed to complete the downgrade

Reactions: Catastrophic

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnRVIC7kS4s