Hacking Need some guidence on updating a Wii soft modded over a year ago

WhiteWidow

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I decided to dust off my Wii since it hasn't been in use for quite some time. I originally used the Twilight hack to get homebrew on it. Its running 3.2U system menu. I used a guide that installed 2 Backup Launchers 0.3g & .01 and a soft chip loader. It has Starfall on it, and some other stuff on it. I have not been in the "scene" for a while now and want all the latest and greatest. What and how should I remove anything installed? I want to someday be able to load all my games on a external hard drive. What External HD is the best and largest to get? Im assuming that I should use this guide to get to where I want to be with my Wii, Im just worried about my current configuration and what if any action I should take b4 following this guide. I just want to get up to speed on what available
wink.gif

illinialex24

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Just install every IOS for 4.2U, every new IOS and trucha bug IOS60 and 70, use Dop IOS to update everything (have a network install).

Then install the 4.2U WAD with HBC installed, install preloader .29 and then use the proper hacks.ini set to the system menu.

Also do the channels. Thats a basic guide.

uimy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WhiteWidow said:
So I decided to dust off my Wii since it hasn't been in use for quite some time. I originally used the Twilight hack to get homebrew on it. Its running 3.2U system menu. I used a guide that installed 2 Backup Launchers 0.3g & .01 and a soft chip loader. It has Starfall on it, and some other stuff on it. I have not been in the "scene" for a while now and want all the latest and greatest. What and how should I remove anything installed? I want to someday be able to load all my games on a external hard drive. What External HD is the best and largest to get? Im assuming that I should use this guide to get to where I want to be with my Wii, Im just worried about my current configuration and what if any action I should take b4 following this guide. I just want to get up to speed on what available
wink.gif

Follow this guide http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=171901 DO NOT UPDATE TO 4.2 you have nothing to gain. About your current configuration I don't know, I bet it would be fine but get a opinion from someone that's really experienced.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3eGAHfC5P-Y