Need some guidence on updating a Wii soft modded over a year ago

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by WhiteWidow, Oct 5, 2009.

1. WhiteWidow
    OP

Newcomer WhiteWidow Newbie

United States
    So I decided to dust off my Wii since it hasn't been in use for quite some time. I originally used the Twilight hack to get homebrew on it. Its running 3.2U system menu. I used a guide that installed 2 Backup Launchers 0.3g & .01 and a soft chip loader. It has Starfall on it, and some other stuff on it. I have not been in the "scene" for a while now and want all the latest and greatest. What and how should I remove anything installed? I want to someday be able to load all my games on a external hard drive. What External HD is the best and largest to get? Im assuming that I should use this guide to get to where I want to be with my Wii, Im just worried about my current configuration and what if any action I should take b4 following this guide. I just want to get up to speed on what available [​IMG]

2. illinialex24

Member illinialex24 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Just install every IOS for 4.2U, every new IOS and trucha bug IOS60 and 70, use Dop IOS to update everything (have a network install).

Then install the 4.2U WAD with HBC installed, install preloader .29 and then use the proper hacks.ini set to the system menu.

Also do the channels. Thats a basic guide.

3. Droskies

Newcomer Droskies Member

United States
  4. uimy

Newcomer uimy Advanced Member

United States
    Follow this guide http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=171901 DO NOT UPDATE TO 4.2 you have nothing to gain. About your current configuration I don't know, I bet it would be fine but get a opinion from someone that's really experienced.

5. xzxero

Member xzxero ♥bong milk does good for the brain♥

United States