Gaming Need some enlightenment before I..

Infinite Zero

Almost!
OP
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
United States
Is this like SAFE? That no fatal errors would occur?
My tuneup is already notifying me to run a check. but i havent done that before.
Please help me or tell me anything about checking the hard drive for errors
i'm still a little worried and afraid, my mom would really get mad at me if i mess up our laptop

I have 280GB in my hard drive
how long would that take if ever i will run the checking???

or is there an easier way to do the error checking? i've seen the command prompt chkdsk but still the same.. i havent done that, too
Im afraid to screw up since my mom...
whatever i just need guidance please

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Oh come on - 'No one is replying'... give your post a chance
You post @ 1:18 & worry you don't have an answer 1/2 hour later

Anyway, I can't tell you how good good or bad the disk doctor actually is, as I've never used it - but I did find this reply after a quick search

QUOTE said:
About tuneup disk doctor..pls. answer?
ahmm..what will happen if i use the disk doctor of tuneup(the one that needs restart)?and wat will happen if it finds any problem?wont it make my computer corrupt,wreck it or anything??cause im scared..pls answer..

Nothing "bad" will happen to your computer.It just checks the file system, and will correct it if it finds an error on it *(It's quite common, that there are some mistakes on the file system, for example after you plug out the cable of your computer and not let it properly shut down by windows.)

The windows operating system has got its own file system checker, right click on your drive you want to check, -properties, -tools, -check drive.
It's basically the same.If you make a through test, it will search for bad clusters on the disk, if it finds any, it will be replaced and reallocated by a good one, but this takes time, because it scans every single sector of your disk.
If you defragment your drive, the best thing what will happen is, that your computer is running faster, the worst thing is no change in speed.

The program may be asking you to do a check but it might not find anything actually wrong (it may suggest a Defrag), as some programs do ask at intervals for you to do a 'routine check' (a bit like an antivirus program may tell you that your definitions are outdated and do you want to check/update them)

IIRC - the program will only suggest fixes and give you the oppotunity to fix them - you could always see what's wrong & say 'No', then tell your Mum & let her do it

Infinite Zero

Almost!
OP
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
United States
sorry. I forgot that it is midnight in the US
it's just 9pm here @_@
thanks for the reply
I might do it tonight before sleeping

EDIT
Hmmmm I did the test and there was no problem. And i didnt need to have rebooting or having a non responding screen
Mods, please lock this topic

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also gonna install twilight menu in my r4 flashcard
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    One thing that just occurred to me.... The sound on the 2600 sucked less back then the harsh sound we hear now is from infinitely better speakers we have now, back when the 2600 was new speakers produced a almost muffled sound, like CRTs made old graphics look slightly better.
    I wonder if I could recommend that to some emulation devs that perhaps the sound could use some smoothing out to simulate those old TVs
    I think a few of the early systems could benefit from that, at least up to the 8 bit generation, by the 16 bit generation I think TVs had gotten a lot better in almost every way
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont have an sd card adapter but I have an usb sd card adapter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Old people games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its not the one that comes with the r4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    doesnt work (my flashcard is from r4isdhc.com)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    might install ysmenu first
    Try Wood firmware
    For your R4
    It's old but it's the best firmware out for DS stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    it says it only works for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) and Acekard R.P.G.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm it does support mine
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but why choose it over ysmenu @Psionic Roshambo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc im stupid?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yea ik im stupid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Just give it a try, but honestly if you have a 3DS you can play DS games without a card just off the internal SD card
    Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you try wearing them?
    B @ btjunior: @Xdqwerty 16