Gaming Need some assistance with MHGU software and a banned 3ds

shockwave1211

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SO im trying to get the MHGU save transfer tool, i have swapped out my friendcodeseed with the unbanned public one and have gained access to the eshop, however when asked to link an nnid or make a new one, selecting either option gives me error code 022-2812, which i believe means my 3ds is NNID banned? im not really sure if its possible to do anything about this and i wasn't sure where to ask.

Also if anyone could provide a cia file for the save transfer tool i would like to try to see if i can use it with my 3ds, thanks!

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@shockwave1211, you may need to temporarily borrow someone's 3DS with CFW if you don't have a spare one on hand.

Back up your MHG game save with either Checkpoint or JKSM. Install the game on the second 3DS. Restore the save and then try using the MHGU transfer tool.

Additional steps of System Transfer may be required, and probably a legitimately bought copy of the game or a physical game cart.

If the transfer is tied with the same NNID shared between 3DS and Switch, you may not be able to pull it off with the NNID ban is carried over onto the temporary 3DS.

Reactions: Quantumcat

alpha_noj

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can download a CIA of the transfer tool as well. Once opened it doesn't need to link to NNID from my testing on a region changed system that was also banned.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.tomshardware.com/pc-components/liquid-cooling/intel-and-exxonmobil-working-on-advance...