Need some advice...

Joujoudoll

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I met this guy online and I really like him, but he lives far away from me. He wanted to meet me, but I can't meet him because I was afraid that I'd end up liking him more and then not be able to do anything about it.

Well, I really like him a lot, and it's hard for me to talk to him knowing that my feelings keep building up.

I told him that I didn't want to be friends with him anymore and I stopped talking to him.

Was that stupid of me to do that?

Unchi-san

Unchi on a stick! yay~
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Joujoudoll said:
I met this guy online and I really like him, but he lives far away from me. He wanted to meet me, but I can't meet him because I was afraid that I'd end up liking him more and then not be able to do anything about it.

Well, I really like him a lot, and it's hard for me to talk to him knowing that my feelings keep building up.

I told him that I didn't want to be friends with him anymore and I stopped talking to him.

Was that stupid of me to do that?

no that isn't. if you dont want to have feelings for someone, the best way to get rid of them is to stop talking to them. It also helps that you don't have to see this person everyday (as it is an online buddy).

So stop talking to him.

Defiance

oh my god.. it's full of trading cards...
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Online relationships are bad.
lecture.gif

muckers

Trophies
XP
Country
If he lives far away and nothing could ever work, then the easiest thing to do is just to try and cut ties and move on. As sad as it is, it's the smart thing to do.

It's kind of a plus that you know this person online as opposed to real life, cos that'd make them harder to get over. Not having to see/talk to someone often/at all makes it easier - and while it sucks, you should know that it's for the best.

Joujoudoll

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Well, he was going to be in my country a lot over the next year.... But still, I know that once that is over, he will go back to his country. I doubt he wants anything more than sex anyway.

The Worst

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
GBAplace.net
XP
Country
United States
1.)
Nin10doFan said:
Online relationships are bad.
lecture.gif

2.) talk to more real people face to face

3.) long distance doesn't work, but if he is going to be close enough to hang out for awhile what's the harm?

4.) if it doesn't work out at least he is far away. If it does, then he may consider moving here, or you there.

Joujoudoll

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yeah, not happening... I pissed him off when I was playing around with him and he won't talk to me now... He blocked me on here and on MSN. Suffice to say, I don't think he plans on talking to me ever again.

wilddenim

Candy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Sucks, have you tried emailing him apologising? If he still ignore you - delete him. He's not worth losing tears over. He's a prick for doing that to you.

Trust me - plenty of better guys out there.

EDIT: where is he from anyway?

Long distance rarely works. Actually, it only work if you both REALLY care about each other and doesn't let anything get in the way.

So, no you aren't stupid to do what you did. It's totally understand and probably what I'd do in if I were you.

Joujoudoll

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yes, I emailed him apologizing and he won't say anything... I messaged him on here and I think he just deleted what I said without reading it, and then blocked me.
frown.gif

Joujoudoll

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yeah... If I had known that what I said was going to cause this kind of situation, I would have held my tongue. It's like he doesn't even care about being my friend... I wasn't intending on hurting him or making him upset, but I managed to anyway.
cry.gif

wilddenim

Candy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Then sod him. It's totally his loss. He might regret it afterward but hey you'll laugh about it soon - I promise. I usually doesn't make promises but you will.

Keep smiling! It's free
biggrin.gif

Little

I r Little
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Sorry hun, going to be really honest here... he gave you what you asked for by the sounds of it. Sounds like he thought it was the best for both of you. He must have hurt him hearing that, so he wanted to make it easier for himself, and for you.

Sounds like its for the best. IMO

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, lol +1