Need some advice...

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by Joujoudoll, May 20, 2008.

May 20, 2008

Need some advice... by Joujoudoll at 10:11 PM (1,788 Views / 0 Likes) 29 replies

1. Joujoudoll
    OP

Member Joujoudoll GBAtemp Fan

I met this guy online and I really like him, but he lives far away from me. He wanted to meet me, but I can't meet him because I was afraid that I'd end up liking him more and then not be able to do anything about it.

Well, I really like him a lot, and it's hard for me to talk to him knowing that my feelings keep building up.

I told him that I didn't want to be friends with him anymore and I stopped talking to him.

Was that stupid of me to do that?

2. Unchi-san

Member Unchi-san Unchi on a stick! yay~

United States
    no that isn't. if you dont want to have feelings for someone, the best way to get rid of them is to stop talking to them. It also helps that you don't have to see this person everyday (as it is an online buddy).

So stop talking to him.

3. Defiance

Member Defiance oh my god.. it's full of trading cards...

United States
    Online relationships are bad. [​IMG]

4. Joujoudoll
    OP

Well, I am glad I didn't do something stupid... [​IMG] I'm kind of sad now though.

5. muckers

Member muckers GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    If he lives far away and nothing could ever work, then the easiest thing to do is just to try and cut ties and move on. As sad as it is, it's the smart thing to do.

It's kind of a plus that you know this person online as opposed to real life, cos that'd make them harder to get over. Not having to see/talk to someone often/at all makes it easier - and while it sucks, you should know that it's for the best.

6. Joujoudoll
    OP

Well, he was going to be in my country a lot over the next year.... But still, I know that once that is over, he will go back to his country. I doubt he wants anything more than sex anyway.

7. The Worst

Banned The Worst Banned

United States
    1.)
    2.) talk to more real people face to face

3.) long distance doesn't work, but if he is going to be close enough to hang out for awhile what's the harm?

4.) if it doesn't work out at least he is far away. If it does, then he may consider moving here, or you there.

8. Joujoudoll
    OP

Yeah, not happening... I pissed him off when I was playing around with him and he won't talk to me now... He blocked me on here and on MSN. Suffice to say, I don't think he plans on talking to me ever again.

9. wilddenim

Member wilddenim Candy!

United Kingdom
    Sucks, have you tried emailing him apologising? If he still ignore you - delete him. He's not worth losing tears over. He's a prick for doing that to you.

Trust me - plenty of better guys out there.

EDIT: where is he from anyway?

Long distance rarely works. Actually, it only work if you both REALLY care about each other and doesn't let anything get in the way.

So, no you aren't stupid to do what you did. It's totally understand and probably what I'd do in if I were you.

10. Joujoudoll
    OP

Yes, I emailed him apologizing and he won't say anything... I messaged him on here and I think he just deleted what I said without reading it, and then blocked me. [​IMG]

11. distorted.freque

Member distorted.freque I'm getting mixed signals here!

Canada
    Now if only it was as easy to fix a broken friendship...especially when you're already too deep into the mess to just break away...

12. Joujoudoll
    OP

Yeah... If I had known that what I said was going to cause this kind of situation, I would have held my tongue. It's like he doesn't even care about being my friend... I wasn't intending on hurting him or making him upset, but I managed to anyway. [​IMG]

13. wilddenim

Member wilddenim Candy!

United Kingdom
    Then sod him. It's totally his loss. He might regret it afterward but hey you'll laugh about it soon - I promise. I usually doesn't make promises but you will.

Keep smiling! It's free [​IMG]

14. Joujoudoll
    OP

I really like him a lot, and I didn't think what I said would have this kind of effect. I need to just forget about him.

15. Joujoudoll
    OP

He lives in the UK...

16. distorted.freque

Member distorted.freque I'm getting mixed signals here!

Canada
    How about trying to explain the situation to him? Then again, I'm not the best person to get advice from...I haven't even fixed the mess I'm in right now. [​IMG]

17. Joujoudoll
    OP

I tried emailing him telling him that I was playing around and that I am sorry, but no response. I think I pissed him off so much that he hates me.

18. wilddenim

Member wilddenim Candy!

United Kingdom
    Hey you are only 22 (a year younger than me) and (if it's you in the pic) are very pretty, you'll easily get a guy who worship you.

19. Joujoudoll
    OP

I'll be 23 in a month... [​IMG]

Yeah, that's me in the pic... I don't want someone to worship me, I just want someone to love me.

20. Little

Member Little I r Little

United Kingdom
    Sorry hun, going to be really honest here... he gave you what you asked for by the sounds of it. Sounds like he thought it was the best for both of you. He must have hurt him hearing that, so he wanted to make it easier for himself, and for you.

Sounds like its for the best. IMO