Neil Peart Wannabe
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Okay, so, I've been playing drums for about half a year, and I want to start a band!
toot.gif

I have this friend (he's more of an acquaintance
tongue.gif
) that plays guitar, and he also wants to start a band. Problem is, he's kind of a jack ass and he picks on kids and shit (I'm not that way, I'm a nice kid/bully stander-upper
tongue.gif
). He's quite good, but thinks he's a know it all with music.

He asked me the other night to go to an "Open Mic Night" with him and play a couple songs in a few days. I hadn't even played any of the songs he told me we were going to play. I told him "Nah, got lots of homework and It's a School Night".

I kinda wanted to be in a band with him, but now I REALLY don't. What should I tell him? Or should I just suck it up and be with him?

I know another kid that plays guitar that's nice and would want to play with me, so finding another person isn't really a prob. Unfortunately, I don't know any bass players (besides my best friend, but he's already in a band
dry.gif
), but I guess I'm on my own with this one
tongue.gif

I told him in the past "I don't think I'm ready, maybe after the New Year" and he FREAKED! He was like "What the hell is that suppose to mean?!
mad.gif
. That's a dumb reason!".

I don't know what to do
wacko.gif
wacko.gif
wacko.gif

ackers

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Throw a drum stick in his eye.

Nah seriously just tell him you'd rather not play with him any more, tell him it's not working out and then sneak off with your new guitarist.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: It's very sad and a poignant example of why preservation is so important.