Hacking Need some advice, upgrading softmodded Wii

Link2999

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, it's been awhile since I've used my Wii and right now it's running some firmware from like a year or so ago. Thing is now that I pretty much forgot what's installed and everything (All of the custom ISOs and whatnot), would it be okay just to upgrade it from the Wii and then hack that again? Will it screw up my Wii and will it reset the CISOs I installed? I'm assuming this will be the easiest way to get everything up to date. I don't mind if I have to reinstall my homebrew or anything. I have SSBB so I should be able to do it.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
use modmii, tell it your wii is a virgin even if its not, do what it tells u to do, and ur wii will be state of the art when ur finished
biggrin.gif

Link2999

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
XFlak said:
use modmii, tell it your wii is a virgin even if its not, do what it tells u to do, and ur wii will be state of the art when ur finished
biggrin.gif

I'll try it out. Is it going to upgrade my Wii automatically when it's done or just get everything ready to upgrade?

kylster

mich weich töten
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Grab Dop-Mii Wiibrew Edition and update to the desired System Menu, by going this route you will not be required to redo any of your soft mods
smile.gif
I've done this on a friends wii and mine as well.

Use IOS58+ARHBOOT which is direct hardware access so you dont need to use any patched IOS unless you want to. This is alot easier and if you dont have IOS58 you can use Dop-Mii Wiibrew Edition to install it.

The cool thing about updating this way is it will let you know if you have the correct IOS installed to run that System Menu and ask if you would like to install it.

It will also ask if you would like to preserve Priiloader if you have it installed and ask if you would like to restore it afterward
smile.gif
though it's still recommended to reinstall it.

Don't bother updating Boot2 it's pointless and offers no benefit.

So pretty much this is a great app that will allow you to update w/o redoing anything
smile.gif
just the files off www.filetrip.net
smile.gif
if you want to update your cIOS you can do so as well.

An easy way to update your IOS below 200 non custom ones is to grab a nifty little app called PimpMyWii i believe 2.11 is the latest version and run the app selecting Manuel Install and it will check all your IOS for any out of date and you go through the list selecting any one that you may want to update
smile.gif
hope this helps with the extra info.

P.S. if you have a great network install use Dop-Mii Wiibrew Edition online installation for updating the System Menu it's not recommend but only takes 3mins depending if you have a 10mb connection or just grab the system menu wad off NUS.

youngrex

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Link2999 said:
XFlak said:
biggrin.gif

I'll try it out. Is it going to upgrade my Wii automatically when it's done or just get everything ready to upgrade?
it will update your wii to which ever version you are putting the system too along with having all ios's up to date

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's mostly the ones that are just pictures and no instructions at all