Hacking Discussion Need some advice on recent upgrade from atm 0.8.9 (OFW 7.0.1) to atm 0.9.2 (OFW 8.1.0)

nanchan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
During my upgrade, I got two problems and wanted to know if this is expected.

Issue 1: Cannot run Choidujournx 1.0.2 after updating to atm 0.9.2 (OFW 7.0.1). Had to use what Raj release with debug svcs to run it. (https://github.com/rajkosto/nx-hbloader/releases)
Issue 2: After upgrade to OFW 8.1.0, atm would crash. Atm 0.9.2 booted fine prior to upgrade. I had to clear the titles folder inside the atmosphere directory and leave only the one from from atmosphere payload (e.g. basically removed all titles from Kosmos package from v12) to get it to boot. Assuming this is a compatibility issue, so I only added back SweetPatches and Cheats with nothing else. May add back the latest Kosmos release later on.

On another note, I am following this guide for the upgrade (https://switch.homebrew.guide/usingcfw/manualupgrade), can someone confirm that hbl_bis_write.flag file is required or did I do an extra step for no reason?

Result - my switch upgraded fine and I do not have issues. Just wanted to figure out if I should do something differently next time I upgrade firmware.

D

Deleted User

Atmospheres devs don't want to have bis and cal0 write for security purposes, so you need to have the hbl_bis_write.flag there if you want to upgrade/downgrade. But remove it every time you downgrade/upgrade because without that permission apps wont be able to delete the switches required files.

nanchan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could you be more specific? What happened when you attempted to run ChoiDujourNX?
The switch would crash when I tried to run the app. I also tried older version of ChoiDujourNX but it did not help. Other app like Checkpoint, Tinfoil, and EdiZon runs fine.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The switch would crash when I tried to run the app. I also tried older version of ChoiDujourNX but it did not help. Other app like Checkpoint, Tinfoil, and EdiZon runs fine.
Do you still have the issue? Are you using atmosphere-0.9.2-master-6f85b11f?

nanchan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you still have the issue? Are you using atmosphere-0.9.2-master-6f85b11f?
I deleted ChoiDujourNX after upgrade so not sure if it still runs without Raj's files. I am using the latest stable release of atm from github.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I deleted ChoiDujourNX after upgrade so not sure if it still runs without Raj's files. I am using the latest stable release of atm from github.
Vanilla ChoiDujourNX should have no problem running on Atmosphere. I'm curious if it will run.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: No sharing