Need Some Advice Been Gone For To Long :)

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Madr0x, Jun 20, 2010.

1. Madr0x
    OP

Madr0x Member

Newcomer
    Jul 2, 2007
    hi guys and gals well first i would like to say hello again. my name is madr0x and i was apart of the modding scene when the wii come out. to cut a long story short i left got rid of my wii and am now back BUT im confused.

i just need some advice really as its been a long time. i remember when the homebrew channel first started lmao.

anyway ive just aqquired anouther wii from my dad.(i did all the modding on it so i know where i stand). anyway it has a wiikey installed and i remember installing the wiikey 1.9g firmware so he could play super mario galaxy.

anyway ive been looking into getting the homebrew channel installed on the console. now i know i can do it the old fashioned way by doing the twillight hack. but i was thinking will it just be easier for me to do the 4.2 console update(which i presume is the latest version) and then use bannerbomb to get it installed.

or do i use hackmii. god im so confused. and is there anything i should worry about when doing the update. have things changed or is it still safe for me to update my console.

and anouther question is do i still have to run games through brickblocker.

please bear with me its been along time

thanks for any help guys

2. TRushInfo

TRushInfo Banned

Banned
    Jun 13, 2009
    United States
    follow the stickied guide at the top called modify any wii.

btw: youre using bannerbomb to RUN the hackmii installer, as opposed to back when u had to use the twilight hack to run hackmii. Basically its the same thing, just dont need TP.

brickblocker lol i forgot all about that, use priiloader (covered in the guide) to block disc updates.
    edit:4.2 is the newest for now

3. Madr0x
    OP

Madr0x Member

Newcomer
    Jul 2, 2007
    cheers mate thats perfect [​IMG]

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice