Gaming Need serious help please!

pgimps

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just got my 2500K gaming rig all setup installed windows, but it won't boot into windows. It will get to "press any key to boot off CD..." then it reboots I changed it so it boots off my SSD,but that didn't work so I installed linux and got to the same spot, but instead it gives me a black screen, so I asked my friend who works at the tech repair center at CNN, and he said run drive fitness or gwscan to try and fix it, so I used the dvd that he gave me and ran the CPU test, and it said that my CPU was running at 3.41 GHz and I didn't do that, so I rebooted went to the multiplier, changed it back now is this "auto overclock" normal? Was it causing my system to not boot? Can anybody please tell me why it is not booting?

I really appreciate any help because this is worrying me a lot because I cannot use my new pc
cry.gif

I can provide any information necessary, give a video of the process, and anything else.

Edit: I just realized I misspelled serious
wacko.gif

Costello

Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP
do you have a Windows setup DVD ? why not just use that and setup windows normally from CD?
if you dont have one, get one... Windows 7 is fantastic

also, dont worry. you'll be able to use your computer after you've followed the directions that people are about to give you.
the "auto overclock" feature could be useful if you are going to be playing games so i suppose you could leave it on.
i doubt it has anything to do with your issue.

pgimps

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I do, but it has a SLIC patch, so I thought that was the issue and that's why I tried to install linux

Costello

Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP
just set up win 7 again and see how it goes.

from what it looks like its an issue that should be solved quickly and easily...

oh and if I were you i would set up windows to run from the SSD, should be quite fast
smile.gif

marcus134

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
1. look in your bios if there is a mbr overwrite protection or some kind of antivirus protection and disable it before installing windows.
2. memtest 86+ or windows memory test ( it's on win7 disc, on the screen where you have the install now button, in the bottom left corner)
3. hdd diag software from your hdd manufacturer

pgimps

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright I'll try that, although I did install xubuntu and did manage to be able to boot off of that, but I couldn't log-in (???) and it could respond to the power button. So I am going to reinstall windows.

pgimps

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pgimps said:
Alright I'll try that, although I did install xubuntu and did manage to be able to boot off of that, but I couldn't log-in (???) and it could respond to the power button. So I am going to reinstall windows.

Alright I reinstalled Windows 7 didn't work
mad.gif
redid Xubuntu got that to work and I am currently running off of that
yay.gif
, but I still want to have windows to play all of my games. Do you guys think my DVD is bad

pgimps

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Originality said:
Since it's not a retail W7 DVD, it's definitely possible. However, I don't know enough about Windows boot sequences to comment.
But I did install it on my laptop so I do not know why it wouldn't work?

pgimps

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Originality said:
Random thought... have you only tried installing on SSD and not on HDD?
Yep tried both didn't work, just installed on a virtual machine too didn't work so it could be my DVD, so I may have to get another one

EDIT: Just rebooted the virtual machine and it worked don't know why though?

marcus134

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
if your board come with uefi, you can always try to enable/disable "bios emulation for legacy os" option (or something like that) in your bios menu and reinstall windows.

Hakoda

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Have you tried resetting the CMOS? Your boot priority seems to be messed up or bootloader is not being written to the MBR correctly. Something sounds wrong, relating to your board.

If you like, try burning this to a CD. Its a Boot-132 disc used to boot Mac OS X on a PC. It's basically a bootloader on a CD but I've used it before when the MBR on a system was corrupted and the bootloader on the HDD would get me anywhere. Boot from it and at the first countdown, press F8. It will stop and ask for a boot flag. Just hit enter and then it will prompt you for which HDD you'd like to boot off of. Type 80 for HDD 1 or 81 for HDD 2. You'll most likely want HDD 1 (80). Once you type it in, hit enter and it may provide you with a list of partitions. Scroll using the arrow keys and hit enter. The bootloader will then call the chainloader to boot Windows and the boot process should proceed. This of course is a temporary way to get into Windows until we solve the problem.

pgimps

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No my board didnt't come with UEFI I believe it came with older BIOS (using my keyboard) but I am able to boot to xubuntu, but I believe I have found the issue I think because my board doesn't have a SLP it can't correctly install the SLIC patch to emulate windows activation, but I am not sure though because I am currently running it off of a virtual box emulator

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: