Gaming Need recommendations for games that i should play according to my interests.

richardparker

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
India
well,i'll be starightforward-
i love pokemon
i love fire emblem
i love phoenix wright
i dislike bravelies,and other games like them
i dislike etrian odyssey games and games like it
i dislike shin megami tensei's

i cant say anything about legend of zelda's cuz i like it and dislike it at the same time.

so,can anyone please recommend me games that would be good for me?
i have played animal crossing,tales of the abyss,super smash bros,kid icarus and marios and kirbies.
thanks!

Greymane

Lurking gbatemp pony
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
999 for ds,
zero escape virtue's last reward 3ds,
hotal dusk room 205 ds,
the last window the secret of cape west ds, all are visual novel type games like phoenix wright.

Any of the ff tactics games(playstation and ds), since they come quit close to fire emblem style gameplay (in fights atleast).

richardparker

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
India
999 for ds,
zero escape virtue's last reward 3ds,
hotal dusk room 205 ds,
the last window the secret of cape west ds, all are visual novel type games like phoenix wright.

Any of the ff tactics games(playstation and ds), since they come quit close to fire emblem style gameplay (in fights atleast).
i'll try zero escape virue's last reward then.the others ddnt appeal to me. thanks!

SushiKing

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Similar to Pokemon would be: Yokai Watch
Fire Emblem: Advanced Wars on the DS (Also GBA But the art style is kinda lame.)
Phoenix Wrighte: Professor Layton, they also do a crossover PL with PW. Also Ghost Trick on the DS

And how do you not like Etrian Odyssey And Shin Megami Tensei Games???????? :O

VirusX2

Master Race Beast
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Similar to Pokemon would be: Yokai Watch
Fire Emblem: Advanced Wars on the DS (Also GBA But the art style is kinda lame.)
Phoenix Wrighte: Professor Layton, they also do a crossover PL with PW. Also Ghost Trick on the DS

And how do you not like Etrian Odyssey And Shin Megami Tensei Games???????? :O

I came across a bung of guys who don't like Shin Megami Tensei and Etrian game series, They play Very few Games.

Reactions: SushiKing

Kinqdra

GBAtemp's Official T-shirt
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Croatia
have you ever tried the professor layton series? lost future left some great memories story and puzzle wise, but the concept is the same with the new 3ds titles.

Reactions: cbxero

cbxero

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I second Professor Layton games if you like puzzles. I've played almost every game in the series, love them.

Try one of the Harvest Moon games? Or Story of Seasons.

Donkey Kong Country 3D if you like platformers, or Yoshis New Island.

Last edited by cbxero,

astrangeone

Trophies
Website
www.shophandmade.com
XP
Country
Canada
I'd recommend Yokai Watch, although the mechanics of recruiting monsters makes me want to hurl things. Storyline's a bit fluff, but it's based on a comedic "slice of life" anime, so yeah. Fighting mechanics are solid, but they can be annoying to fight (some boss monsters are just impossible, and leveling takes a while).

Xenoblade Chronicles is a definite recommend, even though the story takes a while to get good.

Swords and Darkness is an e-shop only game that's a beat them up with different tactics and powerups, quite excellent.

Steamworld Dig is like Lode Runner + Metroid + Mega Man, although it's more of an action puzzler.

I've heard great things about the Professor Layton series, although I cannot stand the moon logic of some of the games.

richardparker

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
India
I'd recommend Yokai Watch, although the mechanics of recruiting monsters makes me want to hurl things. Storyline's a bit fluff, but it's based on a comedic "slice of life" anime, so yeah. Fighting mechanics are solid, but they can be annoying to fight (some boss monsters are just impossible, and leveling takes a while).

Xenoblade Chronicles is a definite recommend, even though the story takes a while to get good.

Swords and Darkness is an e-shop only game that's a beat them up with different tactics and powerups, quite excellent.

Steamworld Dig is like Lode Runner + Metroid + Mega Man, although it's more of an action puzzler.

I've heard great things about the Professor Layton series, although I cannot stand the moon logic of some of the games.
i've played xenoblade chronicles it was great.
i'll try swords and darkness if it lloks good.
edit- the reveiws are soo bad for swords and darkness!
thanks btw

Last edited by richardparker,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night