need recomendations for sd card for sneek

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by diego71102244, Feb 19, 2010.

1. diego71102244
    OP

diego71102244 Member

Newcomer
    Feb 4, 2010
    hi guys, im about to buy a new sd card only for sneek, cause i have tried everything and when i mean everything i mean every possible way to make sneek to run with my 2 gb kingstone sd card( i used my nand dump, i used other peoples dump, etc). and i cant make it to run black screen every single time, and i was wondering what kind of sd cards are compatible with sneek? what cards do you guys use for sneek? cause i dont want to waste my money in some useless sd card.

thanks for advance

2. XFlak

XFlak Wiitired but still kicking

Sep 12, 2009
    Canada
    Ontario
    i remember some1 saying to look for the number inside a circle (or inside a C), and to get one with at LEAST 4 (I have a 2, and it works great, but slow to load Sneek)

Edit:
    Sandisk is a really good brand of SD cards [​IMG]

3. DKAngel

DKAngel GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 5, 2009
    Perth,Australia
    get a class 6 card [​IMG] 30Meg/sec nice n fast for sneek

4. WiiPower

WiiPower GBAtemp Guru

Oct 17, 2008
    Gambia, The
    The official Wii sd cards are from Sandisk and i didn't hear anything bad about sd(not sdhc!) card compatibility for cards from sandisk. Maybe nintendo even choose a sd card reader that works best with sandisk cards.

You know that class 6 means 6 MB/s write speed guaranteed? And i thought the class is a sdhc only thing, and sdhc cards are NOT sd cards! If you want something that is compatible, don't get sdhc.

5. XFlak

XFlak Wiitired but still kicking

Sep 12, 2009
    Canada
    Ontario
    I have an Sandisk 2GB SD card (not sdhc) and it says its a class 2 (has the #2 inside a "C" on the sticker)... so i assume SD cards have classes (although they are probably more limited than SDHC... i doubt SD cards come is classes greater than 2 or 4)

6. diego71102244
    OP

diego71102244 Member

Newcomer
    Feb 4, 2010
    thanks all u guys for reply [​IMG]

7. DKAngel

DKAngel GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 5, 2009
    Perth,Australia

sandisk extreme III are 20/20MB/sec cards and are also in the sd range

class 6 means 6MB/sec minimum i do have a class 6 sdhc card that does 30MB =]

but he is right dont get an sdhc card stick with sd

8. Det1re

Det1re det1re.de

Oct 28, 2008
    Gambia, The
    Germany
    See the "C2" here, meaning class 2:

[​IMG]

9. fogbank

fogbank GBAtemp Fan

Oct 28, 2008
    United States
    I have Kingston 1 GB "regular" SD cards that work fair. At least one homebrew app failed to run with this SD card inserted (even from USB).
    I have a Kingston 1 GB MicroSD card that works better than the regular ones. The homebrew app that failed on the regular card worked fine with this one inserted.
    I have a Transcend 4 GB SDHC card that works very well.
    Not all SDHC cards are incompatible.